Samvera Community Guidelines -- draft posted for feedback

Hannah Frost

Apr 5, 2022, 12:25:47 PM4/5/22
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Samverans,

A final piece of the Samvera Community Safety work initiated by the eponymous working group in 2021 was to draft, and ultimately release, a set of community guidelines to stand alongside the code of conduct and anti-harassment policy, We are ready to share the draft guidelines, now posted on the wiki here: https://samvera.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/samvera/pages/1947631640/Samvera+Community+Guidelines+DRAFT

The purpose of the guidelines is "to communicate your community’s values and culture to new and existing community members" (consultant Annalee Flower Horne). Samvera has had pieces of such guidelines, but early versions have been lost over time and existing pieces were due for review and refreshing.

We invite you to read these guidelines and provide any feedback using this Google form by April 15. The goal is to finalize and release the guidelines in early May.

On the behalf of the Community Guidelines working group -- Jessica Hilt, Heather Greer Klein, Alicia Morris, Robin Ruggaber, Bess Sadler, and myself -- thank you,

Hannah Frost
Stanford University

Hannah Frost

Apr 18, 2022, 7:55:53 PM4/18/22
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

We received only positive feedback on the proposed Samvera Community Guidelines, so they have been officially adopted.

Thanks to all! I especially want to share my appreciation for Jessica Hilt, Heather Greer Klein, Alicia Morris, Robin Ruggaber, and Bess Sadler for being excellent collaborators on the working group. Our work is done now, and for the foreseeable future :)

Onward,

Hannah Frost
Stanford University