Job Posting: Associate Director for Digital Library Engineering, UC Santa Barbara Library (Full-time remote)

Chrissy Rissmeyer

Jul 1, 2024, 11:58:57 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1

*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

I am happy to share that the UC Santa Barbara Library is hiring for Associate Director for Digital Library Engineering. This position is eligible for full-time remote work. I've included a brief description of the position below -- please see the full posting for more details and to apply. Please consider joining our team!

For primary consideration, apply by 7/15/2024, after that open until filled. Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu Job #70499 (Direct link)

Hiring/Budgeted Salary Range: $116,000 - $164,300/yr.

Brief Summary of Job Duties

Under the general direction of the Director of Digital Library Development, and operating in a large, complex, and heterogeneous computing environment, serves as an expert on digital library systems architecture and development. Takes overall responsibility for quality of digital library software and systems, and relationships to other software products. Acts as a technical leader to UCSB Library digital library developers and digital library architects, and to UC system-wide collaborators, with a high degree of knowledge in the overall field and recognized expertise in library software architecture and development. Provides direct supervision of Digital Library Development engineering team members.

Undertakes problem-solving that frequently requires analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure. Manages programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes, and resources, functioning with a high degree of autonomy. Applies advanced software concepts and objectives to medium to large projects of broad scope, complexity, and impact. Regularly resolves highly complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Selects tools, method, techniques, and evaluation criteria to obtain results. Responsible for creating technical designs and architecture for UCSB Library, determining solutions for an implementation team throughout the development cycle, and delivering systems into an operational environment. Works in a highly collaborative, cross-functional Agile team and takes ownership of architectural decisions and technical debt on various software components. Leads development, implementation, and delivery of the product solutions, and is responsible for code reviews and ensuring technical quality of the product.

The UC Santa Barbara Library's Digital Library Development (DLD) department is responsible for developing digital platforms, tools, and content to support teaching, research, and outreach. The DLD engineering team works collaboratively to develop and deploy software and web applications supporting this mission. We use Agile- and DevOps-aware methodologies and technologies including Ruby/Rails, Docker, and Kubernetes. Our work frequently involves collaboration with other UC campuses and open-source partners, and much of our code is hosted in public (GitLab) repositories.

--
Chrissy Rissmeyer
she/her/hers