Call for community member testing help during Hyrax-Valkyrization Community Effort – September 6th - 16th

Heather Greer Klein

Aug 11, 2022, 11:53:31 AM8/11/22
to samvera-...@googlegroups.com

Calling all community members! We need your help during the Hyrax-Valkyrization Community Effort, September 6th - 16th. You can participate in one day or all nine days. This critically important work will make a positive impact on all our Samvera technologies, and the work is being done 100% by community volunteers.

Testers don’t need any special software, as you’ll be testing in a browser on a cloud-based test instance of Hyrax. You will be checking to see if specific functionality is performing as expected, and reporting your findings in a Google spreadsheet. You don’t have to be familiar with Hyrax to do this testing, as the testing spreadsheet will make it clear what functionality is expected.

Optionally, this testing is an excellent way to learn to write issues in GitHub – we can teach you how to report the bugs you find to developers, or you can document them in the spreadsheet.

If you’d like to participate please sign up on the wiki page. If you don’t have wiki access that’s no problem, just email hea...@samvera.org.

Thank you for your help!

Heather
-----
Heather Greer Klein (she/her/hers)
Samvera Community Manager
Working from Durham, NC (US Eastern Time Zone), on land traditionally cared for by the Shakori and Eno peoples.