Help with translation

Harry Spier

Feb 25, 2023, 7:39:16 PM2/25/23
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear list members,
I'm unclear about the meaning of  यत्प्राहुस्तं in the following verse.
Is it यत् प्राहुस् तं or यत्प्राहुस् तं where प्राहुस् is a noun.  I'm aware of the verb प्राहु  meaning to sacrifice continually
but not of a noun प्राहुः
ॐ यद्बीजं वेद वृक्षस्य संपूर्णानन्तशाखिनः ।
फलं तस्यैव यत्प्राहुस्तं वन्दे भैरवागमम् ।।
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Harry Spier

Nagaraj Paturi

Feb 25, 2023, 8:49:44 PM2/25/23
to saMskRRita-sandesha-shreNiH
  प्राहुः is a verb. ' they say' is its equivalent expression.

Harry Spier

Feb 25, 2023, 9:15:22 PM2/25/23
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Nagaraj-ji very clear now!
prāh (pra-√ ah), only pf. prāha, to announce, declare, utter, express, say, tell (with dat. or acc. of pers. and acc. of thing), ŚBr. ; Mn. ; MBh.  &c.;
Harry Spier

karthik holla

Feb 26, 2023, 7:59:40 AM2/26/23
to sams...@googlegroups.com