Rare Balabhadra Stora, Narayana Storam & Kavacham From Narada Puranam

K.N.RAMESH

May 3, 2022, 2:40:34 AM5/3/22
Dear All,

Greetings and Namaste. As Akshya Tritiya and Sri Balarama Jayanti will be celebrated on Tuesday, the 3rd of May 2022, I am delighted to share a collection of 3 hymns on Lord Vishnu viz. Balabhadra Stuti, Narayana Dashakam and Narayana Kavacham taken from Brihan Naradiya Mahapuranam, Uttara Khanda and Chapter 56. This chapter is one of the several chapters that delineates Purushottama Mahatmyam (greatness of Puri Jagannata Kshetra). In this chapter, the procedure to take holy dip in various Tirthas in Puri and worship various deities in Puri Kshetra are given.

We have seen many times before that Akshaya Tritya is not about buying gold (as is projected by the marketing agencies of jewelry shops) - it is about worshipping Lord Vishnu (Lord Balarama, in particular), performing ancestral worship and doing good service to the needy and community. The benefit of any good deeds done on this day with immaculate devotion for the benefit of others, Lord and ancestors will get multiplied in thousands and returned (wrongly interpreted as buying gold).

May We Pray To Lord Jagannatha to shower us with His Grace for year-long prosperity, health and wealth!

With regards & Pranams,
K. Muralidharan Iyengar (Murali)