FLUENT Sanskrit Whatsapp Group

Andrés Alanís

May 20, 2016, 2:14:56 PM5/20/16
to samskrita
Hello everyone.
My purpose is to reach fluency in the Sanskrit Language by the end of the year. I am aiming towards B2 Level (According to European Language Classification). I began my Sanskrit studies since last year and now I am only beginning to understand oral speech (Interviews in Vartavali Tv Show and the daily DD News). I struggle with basic sentences so I need to practice my oral skills as well in order to create the appropriate motor neural circuits. I began a Sanskrit whatsapp group last month with some friends here in Mexico. A new Indian fellow has been added. He is currently working in India, he is in charge on making materials to learn sanskrit (images, videos, tables, conversation examples, etc). He is very friendly and eager to help. He is fluent and speaks sanskrit everyday at his job with his workmates. He is very serious in teaching sanskrit at a fluent level.

In the group, he posts images that help in the sanskrit study, I send voice messages about conversations I read out loud, or questions and sentences out of my own. We write in devanagari. Our time zones are different so an instant reply is not expected, rather each one of us answers or participate on their own pace, when you have available time during the day or the next day. No hurries. Nevertheless, we are online at the same time often so real conversations can take place. I also post voice messages overshadowing interviews of vartavali and some news to practice my oral skills and in order to be corrected by him if I make mistakes. I just book about 13 books in sanskrit, including the sankrit version of "The Little Prince". I post a pic of a page and send a voice message of me reading it. Again, looking for corrections in my pronounciations.

The general idea is to be learning this marvellous language without a formal structure. Some of my mexican friends are just beginning so they are there to listen and to get a background of the language. They omit the "difficult" questions.

Sometimes I plan skype conversations with my Indian Sanskrit-fluent friend to practice in a more one-to-one session.

If you are interested in joining the group tell me and I'm be glad to add you. As I said, the general mood-theme is a friendly one, so respect is mandatory. Even if some friends ask very "easy" questions we should answer respectfully.

Cheers!
Saludos desde México.

Andrés Alanís

May 20, 2016, 8:44:38 PM5/20/16
to samskrita
I forgot to mention you should send me your number in a personal mail in order to preserve your privacy.
So far 2 new friends have been added.

Also, I highly recommend you to mute the group so you won't be disturbed if we post during your night-time.
From Mexico to India there are 11 hours of time difference.

Saludos.

Anand Ghurye

May 20, 2016, 9:41:41 PM5/20/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mr. Alanis ,

An excellent initiative . Please include me in the whatsapp group. My mobile number is (9122) 9820489416

Regards ,

Anand Ghúryé

*Training*Development*Synectics
Space Page : 9820489416

akhil arya

Aug 29, 2016, 11:13:43 AM8/29/16
to samskrita
प्रिय अंडरेस अलनिस  (Dear Andres Alanis )

अहम् अखिलेश:   ( I am Akhilesh )

अहं भारततः अस्मि ।  ( I am from Bharat - India )

अहं संस्कृतम् जानामि  ( I Know Sanskrit )

धन्यवाद:   (Thank You )

मम व्हाट्सप्प क्रमांक:  - 08758350306   ( My whatsapp number is  08758350306 )

pradeep pandey

Oct 1, 2016, 1:32:35 PM10/1/16
to samskrita

नमो नमः Alanis
साग्रहम् लिखामि, ममापि दूरभाष संख्या समूहे संकलनं करोतु।
+91 9555654301
From Delhi, Bharat

vasantha syamalam

Oct 1, 2016, 1:48:52 PM10/1/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com

I am also interested to join. Please include my number, 9423180844

On May 21, 2016 7:23 AM, "Anand Ghurye" <anand....@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (anand....@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

Dear Mr. Alanis ,

An excellent initiative . Please include me in the whatsapp group. My mobile number is (9122) 9820489416

Regards ,

Anand Ghúryé

*Training*Development*Synectics
Space Page : 9820489416

Shreyas P. Munshi

Oct 1, 2016, 1:59:50 PM10/1/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Pradeep Pandey Sir.
You say "If you are interested in joining the group tell me and I'm be glad to add you. As I said, the general mood-theme is a friendly one, so respect is mandatory. Even if some friends ask very "easy" questions we should answer respectfully."
​Well I am very much interested. My mob no is +91 9819818197 I am on WhatsApp
​Thanks and regards
____________________________

Shreyas Munshi
shreya...@rediffmail.com
C202, Mandar Apartments, 120 Ft D P Road,
Seven Bungalows, Versova, Mumbai 400 061
Tel Res: (22) 26364290 Mob: 981 981 8197

Naresh Cuntoor

Oct 1, 2016, 2:34:56 PM10/1/16
to samskrita
[Mod. note]

Please contact the poster directly with such requests. This is a public group - so your phone numbers will be available for the world to see if you post this to the group. Other similar replies to the group will be disallowed if your posts are moderated. (Posts from frequent and responsible posters are not moderated).

Naresh

Sethu Ramachandran

Oct 3, 2016, 8:35:22 AM10/3/16
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Mahodaya,
Dhanyosmi for the lead you have taken. Am interested in
joining the prog. I am regularly doing parayanam of Srimad Valmiki Ramayanam,
in Samskrit,understanding the meaning of each word here and there, I can read any sloka
in samskrutam and mostly understand the meaning but not word by word with my little knowledge
in the gramer. I wish to learn the language little more with the spoken form and to learn CHANDAS
to recite slokas. can u pl. help me.
Regards,
Sethu.R

On Sat, Oct 1, 2016 at 10:38 PM, pradeep pandey <lovesan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (lovesan...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

नमो नमः Alanis
साग्रहम् लिखामि, ममापि दूरभाष संख्या समूहे संकलनं करोतु।
+91 9555654301
From Delhi, Bharat

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 11:44:56 PM UTC+5:30, Andrés Alanís wrote:

विश्वासो वासुकिजः

Dec 30, 2016, 10:40:58 PM12/30/16
to samskrita

सुकृतम्! सन्ति नैके तादृशा गणाः पुरातनाः, येषु "संस्कृतेन जल्प" इत्य् अन्यतमः।

https://chat.whatsapp.com/L0MjxOnD1s09fsr21pzBPa इति सङ्केतेन तत्र संयोगः शक्यः।

शुक्रवार, 20 मई 2016 को 11:44:56 अपर UTC+5:30 को, Andrés Alanís ने लिखा:

vasantha syamalam

Jan 11, 2017, 9:44:44 AM1/11/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
yes I am interested to enrich  my spoken skill in sanskrit and also garammar

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 9:10 AM, विश्वासो वासुकिजः <vishvas...@gmail.com> wrote:
Boxbe This message is eligible for Automatic Cleanup! (vishvas...@gmail.com) Add cleanup rule | More info

सुकृतम्! सन्ति नैके तादृशा गणाः पुरातनाः, येषु "संस्कृतेन जल्प" इत्य् अन्यतमः।

https://chat.whatsapp.com/L0MjxOnD1s09fsr21pzBPa इति सङ्केतेन तत्र संयोगः शक्यः।

शुक्रवार, 20 मई 2016 को 11:44:56 अपर UTC+5:30 को, Andrés Alanís ने लिखा:
Hello everyone.

vasantha syamalam

Jan 11, 2017, 9:47:30 AM1/11/17
to sams...@googlegroups.com
yes. I am i interested in enriching my sanskrit skill.

Naresh Cuntoor

Jan 11, 2017, 10:56:28 AM1/11/17
to Sanskrit
Members, please contact the Whatsapp group administrators off-the-list.

Naresh

nagaru...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 1:13:28 PM3/5/18
to samskrita