Fwd: This World Storytelling Day, together we can bring magical stories to children!

Vikram Gakhar

Mar 11, 2023, 12:18:45 PM3/11/23
to sams...@googlegroups.com
कोऽपि योगदानं कर्तुम् इच्छति?

---------- Forwarded message ---------
भेजने वाले: Tarangini Kanungo <tara...@prathambooks.org>
Date: शनि, 11 मार्च 2023 को 11:15 am बजे
Subject: This World Storytelling Day, together we can bring magical stories to children!
To: Vikram Gakhar <vga...@gmail.com>
Cc: Amna Singh <am...@prathambooks.org>

Hello Vikram,

Hope you are doing well. We are planning an exciting campaign and we thought of you. Here are the details :

World Storytelling Day is marked on 20th of March as a celebration of both storytellers and listeners. Read alouds have shown to have an important impact on children’s reading interests, knowledge about the world, vocabulary, comprehension and writing. This is particularly important considering that according to the World Bank and UNESCO, globally only one in every three 10 year olds are estimated to be able to read and understand a simple written story.

Together, We Can
Keeping with the World Storytelling Day theme of ‘Together We Can’, we at Pratham Books StoryWeaver are launching a 6 month initiative from 20th March 2023, World Storytelling Day to 8th September 2023, International Literacy Day. The aim of the #GetChildrenReading campaign is to introduce children to the world of stories in their mother tongue, thereby incrementally building the habit of reading for pleasure. Every week, a beautiful storybook will be spotlighted and made available for reading enthusiasts to conduct reading sessions with children and instill in them a love for reading.

Partner with us - Translate stories in mother tongue languages!
A staggering 2.3 billion lack access to stories and education in their mother tongues. While StoryWeaver already has many stories available in multiple languages, they aren’t in nearly enough languages to reach all children in their mother tongues. And that is where we need your help.

We are kick-starting the campaign with the heartwarming story ‘A Book for Puchku’ and we invite you to translate the book for us in Sanskrit. Your translation could be the story that helps one more child find the joy of reading in her mother tongue.

Since this campaign will run till September, there will be multiple translation opportunities for you to come on board as we try to ensure that every week we make a story available in at least 50 languages. Once you sign-up, you will be given spotlight as an official translation partner in the campaign, and we hope to take your translated story to hundreds of thousands of children.

The campaign is a simple, engaging way to bring a child closer to reading every day. Your contribution will go a long way in multiplying both impact and reach, building a love for stories and reading in children globally. We look forward to having you on board and seeing stories come alive in so many languages! Here is to joyful reading in mother tongue languages and ensuring that no child gets left behind.

The deadline for translation to be published on StoryWeaver is 17th Mar 2023. Would this be doable at your end?
Hoping for a positive revert:) Thank you!

Thanks & Regards,
Tarangini Kanungo
Project Manager

'A book in every child's hand'