Are there Sanskrit translations to popular English fiction novels?

Srikanth Venkatesh

May 11, 2022, 7:49:31 AM5/11/22
to samskrita
Namaste All,

Are there Sanskrit translations of popular English fictional works? I found only two as of now - one on Sherlock Holmes and another, a recent publication called Putrikagruham by G.S Srinivasamurthy which is a translation of A Doll's House by Ibsen.

Please let me know if you know of more.

Regards,
Srikanth

Harry Spier

May 11, 2022, 8:17:23 AM5/11/22
to sams...@googlegroups.com
I thought I heard of a Shakespear play translated into Sanskrit. I don't remember the details.

Sent from mobile phone.

Irene Galstian

May 11, 2022, 8:27:47 AM5/11/22
to sams...@googlegroups.com
Of the translations mentioned, the Sherlock Holmes one doesn’t begin to match the fluency and the playfulness of the original. It probably wasn’t intended to, since it was published as part of ‘easy reading’ series.

There exist translations of Hasse’s Siddhartha. Though not an English work, it’s likely that the translations have been made from the English translation rather than the German original.

kenp

May 11, 2022, 10:27:14 AM5/11/22
to samskrita

Srikanth Venkatesh