PM says it is not him but Sokha who accused the US of plotting against his government

1 view

samlot chit

May 12, 2022, 2:29:43 AM5/12/22
to samrain...@googlegroups.com

PM says it is not him but Sokha who accused the US of plotting against his government

Khmer Times
May 12, 2022

Prime Minister Hun Sen said that he did not accuse the United States of conspiring with Kem Sokha to overthrow the Cambodian government, claiming that Kem Sokha himself was the one who spoke through the controversial video that went viral.

The premier made this remark during his meeting with over 2,000 Cambodians in the US and Canada in Washington D.C.

He said, “I have not accused the United States. His Excellency Kem Sokha said himself, so there is a need for a settlement between the United States and Kem Sokha.”

“I would like to inform both the court and the Royal Government that there is no accusation against the United States. What happened is that Kem Sokha talks about the United States helping him.”

In the latest update, Kem Sokha, the former president of the dissolved Cambodian National Rescued Party (CNRP) who is now being on trial over “treason and espionage”, told the Phnom Penh Municipal Court that he will refuse to answer if the prosecutor continues asking the same question.