Back button problem when using setLocation

Karussell

Oct 22, 2014, 8:09:24 AM10/22/14
to sam...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think I have the same problem like described here. As there was no answer I would like to provide a running example where this problem can be easily reproduced:

1. Klick on the 'Contact' list entry => a redirection outside of the sammyjs app happens
2. Now click your browser back button => URL changes BUT still content of old side!?

If one just uses the Link 'Correct Test' this works as expected. In the goToPage method I use setLocation as I cannot use context.redirect from within a knockout method with no context available.

How would you fix or workaround this problem?

Regards,
Peter.

PS: using sammyjs 0.7.6, knockout 3.2.0, jquery 2.1.1 on firefox

Karussell

Oct 22, 2014, 8:14:10 AM10/22/14
to sam...@googlegroups.com
Hmmh, it looks like this works in chromium and opera ...

Karussell

Oct 22, 2014, 8:33:33 AM10/22/14
to sam...@googlegroups.com
There is ugly different behaviour for chrome vs. firefox: chrome generates an initial popstate event on page load. Firefox does NOT!

I've created an issue here: https://github.com/quirkey/sammy/issues/236

Regards,
Peter.