STARTTLS?

stpeter

Feb 26, 2010, 10:47:33 PM2/26/10
to SamePlace/xmpp4moz
Does SamePlace support STARTTLS on port 5222 for an encrypted
connection, or only the legacy SSL-only port 5223?

Hellekin O. Wolf

Feb 27, 2010, 2:09:55 AM2/27/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 07:47:33PM -0800, stpeter wrote:
> Does SamePlace support STARTTLS on port 5222 for an encrypted
> connection, or only the legacy SSL-only port 5223?

*** STARTTLS is supported on port 5222.

Tested with Firefox 3.5.8 against sameplace.cc (eJabberd?) and Psyced.

The latest mention of STARTTLS:
http://github.com/bard/sameplace/commit/d6f5f8bd71a8d52d21bc696d0e1951ede824a031
says it's no longer default because of a problem with Firefox. But it
worked for me with an existing PSYC account and a new XMPP account.

Also, the wizard interface doesn't switch port when STARTTLS is
selected, you have to do it manually.

Hope that helps,

==
hk