X node dropped with xmpp4moz version 2008121119

sylver

Dec 25, 2008, 10:55:19 PM12/25/08
to SamePlace/xmpp4moz
Hi,

I had an experimental IM client, that I've been using to test sending
and receiving xmpp stanzas, with customized X nodes for a while now,
and it was working fine until I updated my xmpp4moz to the latest
version (2008121119). Initially I installed Sameplace Suite
development version (567kb) from sameplace.cc/download, and when
Firefox prompts me to update sameplace, I simply accepted it.

With older version, sending this stanza won't be a problem:
<message to="star...@gmail.com" type="chat">
<x stid="382" xmlns="text:custom">
<color>red blue</color>
</x>
</message>

Notice this part: <color>red blue</color>. Upon receiving this
stanza, the receiving party may render all messages afterwards in RED
or BLUE.

However, after version 2008121119, this stanza is not received at all.

I then tried sending something like this:
<message to="star...@gmail.com" type="chat">
<x stid="382" xmlns="text:custom">
<color>red blue</color>
</x>
</message>

The receiving end gets only the text "I'm your father", and the X node
"RED BLUE" is nowhere to be seen.

Are there any new limitations introduced in xmpp4moz version
2008121119 that may drop custom X nodes?

Thanks :D

Massimiliano Mirra

Dec 26, 2008, 1:06:17 PM12/26/08
to same...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sylver,

no, there is no such (intentional) limitation. Maybe the latest
package from the devel branch is slightly broken, I'd try with
installing from source instead.

-m

sylver

Dec 31, 2008, 5:53:01 AM12/31/08