How to perform TLS handshaking with SASL using DIGEST-MD5 mechanism

sylver

Mar 15, 2012, 3:14:37 AM3/15/12
to SamePlace/xmpp4moz
Hi,

I've been trying to use xmpp4moz to connect to my facebook account,
and realized that facebook uses SASL DIGEST-MD5 mechanism.

I've setup my connection host and port correctly, yet I always's get
"XMPP: Error during authentication".

This article (http://xmpp.org/rfcs/rfc3920.html#tls) mentioned that
there's a few steps need to be performed in order to perform TLS/SASL
authentication succefully, including decoding and encoding some base64
info.

So, is there a function in xmpp4moz that can handle the handshake
process? Or do I have to create my own listeners and respond
accordingly?

Feel free to let me know if I'm looking at this in a wrong way :D

Best,
Sylver