Is new version of xmpp4moz compatible with firefox 3.6 planned?

Alberto

Jan 22, 2010, 4:33:23 AM1/22/10
to SamePlace/xmpp4moz
Hi all, i'm a developing an firefox addon that relies on this fantastc
lib to perform all the xmpp operation I need. I already changed the
rdf file inside the xpi to extend the compatibility up to firefox 3.6
and so far everything worked just fine ( i perform an intensive
one2one message exchanging inside my addon).
I was wondering if I have to keep editing the rdf by myself or, if an
update will be available soon.
tnx in advance

Massimiliano Mirra

Jan 22, 2010, 10:29:57 AM1/22/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
It should be already available. Did you install from sameplace.cc or
addons.mozilla.org?

> --
> Documentation: http://github.com/bard/sameplace/wikis/home
> Discussions: http://groups.google.com/group/sameplace
> Bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/sameplace

Alberto

Jan 22, 2010, 10:42:40 AM1/22/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
From sameplace.cc, some times ago because I saw it was already
implemented using jsm, while the one available @ addons.mozilla.org
was (at that time) a bit behind.

--
Alberto Aresca

Massimiliano Mirra

Jan 22, 2010, 11:08:28 AM1/22/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
I just re-checked and the release available from sameplace.cc is
declared compatible with 3.6 already.
M.

Alberto

Jan 25, 2010, 1:25:22 PM1/25/10
to same...@googlegroups.com

You are absolutely right, i was stuck on the old development channel and i didn't see the last few changes. Tnx for your help

Alberto Aresca

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Alberto <alberto...@gmail.com> wrote: > From sameplace.cc, som...

> -- > Documentation: http://github.com/bard/sameplace/wikis/home > Discussions: http://groups.googl...

Alberto

Jan 26, 2010, 7:11:05 AM1/26/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I've just realized that this new version doesn't come with the
javascript module as the development version (available at
http://repo.hyperstruct.net/xmpp4moz/devel/ ) did.
Is this to be back compatible with firefox 2.0? Since my extension
uses a lot those js module I was wondering if the version of xmpp4moz
based on those module will be upgraded to be compatible with Firefox
3.6 or if it's development will be dismissed.
Best reguards

--
Alberto Aresca

Massimiliano Mirra

Jan 26, 2010, 7:43:23 AM1/26/10
to same...@googlegroups.com
The devel branch is compatible with 3.6 already, I'm just not rushing
to release an updated package since it's not meant for the general
public anyway. I suggest you work from the source at
http://github.com/bard/sameplace, "master" branch.
M.