Sambamba v0.8.0 released!

Pjotr Prins

Nov 30, 2020, 10:17:43 AM11/30/20
to Pjotr Prins, sambamba-discussion
https://github.com/biod/sambamba/releases/tag/v0.8.0

## ChangeLog v0.8.0 (20201130)

Maintainance release and bug fixes: this is a special release where we
removed all CRAM support. The added value of CRAM in sambamba was
limited because it was using essentially the same htslib backend as
samtools. Removing the htslib dependency removes one maintenance
headache. See also https://github.com/biod/sambamba/issues/425.

BioD was also moved back into the main trunk. We separated it in the
past, but as there is no development there we might as well have it in
Sambamba (again).

+ Removed CRAM support and htslib dependency with ec78eabfbdebd620cf5d4a4d8232692184eacbf7
+ Removed BioD source tree back into Sambamba
+ Sambamba builds on ARM64 (see [Travis-CI](https://travis-ci.org/github/biod/sambamba))
+ Changed github issue tracker template to report bugs only
+ Added FASTA handlers, indexing and slicing (thanks @NickRoz1)
+ Updated slice.d (thanks @NickRoz1)
+ Fixed FASTA file handlers not closing cdc5f84c5b6135eedeaf5cba265e3eb9a3c23227
+ Added badges to the top of README
+ Added Meson build system for Debian (thanks Matthias @ximion)
+ Fixed Python2 -> Python3 stuff (thanks Matthias @ximion)