Shanghai + Guilin Itinerary

VChong

Aug 1, 2014, 12:23:50 AM8/1/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978

Dear All,

Attached is the file for our H54 gathering at Shai + Guilin. Any further good suggestions are welcome!

In order to secure the flight from Shai to Guilin, those who are confirmed coming to Shai please give me your details immediately to my personal email (if you prefer not to disclose your personal particulars to everybody in the google group): vcho...@163.com. Alternatively you can communicate through the Whatsapp (it was suggested that Soo Weng may create a new Whatsapp group for us participating the gathering).

The details are your passport number, its expiry date and your date of birth. Persons lacking details are:
Soo Weng
Teoh Seng Kian
TSK's wife
Lim Chen Shen
Foo Yoong Ming
FYM's wife
Ong Kin Ping
OKP's wife
Chan Siew Wah
Chin Yee Hong
CYH's wife

Regards,

VChong
桂林之旅140801.xlsx

raymond chen

Aug 1, 2014, 1:56:11 AM8/1/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Shanghai & Guilin Participants

I believe there is already one Whatsapp group set up for this purposes.  It is called "Support Group for DH & SW".

Regards
Raymond

csw

Aug 1, 2014, 11:16:01 AM8/1/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Di Hwan,

Have sent you passport details in separate email.  Please find below my flight details:

KL – Shanghai D7330 Depart 1925 Thursday Oct 23 2014 Arrival 0035

Guilin – KL  AK157 Depart 1040 Thursday Oct 30 2014 Arrival 1445

Kind regards,

CSW

Soo Sing

Aug 28, 2014, 12:23:43 AM8/28/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

Please find attached the proposed itinerary/quotation of Guilin trip from Apple Tours as a comparison to the one by China Tours.

To those who have not signed up but may like to join us, we would like to hear from you and welcome you.

Have a good day!

--
AppleFlexi 3N4D Guilin Yangshuo Private Tour.pdf

VChong

Aug 30, 2014, 1:32:38 AM8/30/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Thanks Soo Weng for your kind effort in giving a good proposal from AppleFlexi.

In order for everyone to compare more easily between the 2 proposals obtained, I have columnised the details in the file attached.
Plse go through the details and be convinced of the selection to be made !
In my opinion, China Tours offers better deal than AppleFlexi.

Anyway, it is good to listen to more comments.

VChong
桂林中旅与苹果对照表140830.xlsx

raymond chen

Sep 1, 2014, 12:37:05 AM9/1/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi SW and VC

I am comfortable with either and will go with the majority.  Having said this, if VC's operator is 中旅, then I don't think there is any other local tour operator that can beat them in value for money and reputation.

VC's 中旅 tour is cheaper because I believe we are dealing with them directly whereas Apple is an offshore agent and obviously like to make some $ after having set aside the fee charged by the Chinese operator.

Regards
Raymond

VChong

Sep 1, 2014, 2:58:57 AM9/1/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
1) Raymond, thanks for your opinion.

2) Soo Weng, what's S/S for MYR200? Have I mistakenly included in the quotations comparison?
I think majority does not bother so much about agent, like Dr. Foo said, he cares more about who is accompanying the trip. In that case, I think you can make the decision based on 2 factors:
a) Your opinion on the differences between Apple and China Tours to which you feel is a better choice in terms of quality service and the price;
b) You must be present for the trip if Apple is chosen. No escaping excuses please!
So, you decide and just let us know. Thanks!

3) YM, resent file  per your request in WhatsApp. Shanghai itinerary is tentative and very flexible. We will have group movements and at the same time can accommodate private deviations according to individual preferences.

Regards,
VChong
桂林之旅140801.xlsx

Soo Sing

Sep 3, 2014, 1:23:40 AM9/3/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi VC,

Sorry for this late reply.

I have no personal experience travelling with Apple but I've heard good comments about Apple from many friends that did. However Raymond's remarks about 中旅 is a strong one and hence this is an easy decision to make.

中旅 it is!

Cheers!