H54: Guilin Trip

VChong

Nov 27, 2013, 7:02:34 AM11/27/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

First of all, heartily thank you to buddies who took troubles to ease my loneliness while I was in Spore and KL.

Special moment to recall:

1.         Retained a photo with a sweet young lady at Hooters so much so KF is thinking about extortion by sending email to my wife. Of course I won't fall into his trap! Must thank Siew Wah for snapping such high standard photograpgh。美人(加同学)的倩影

2.         Siew Wah with co-pilot Yong Yong to send me back to JB around 1:30am after Hooters Spore. 伟大的友情!

3.         Non-stop drinking and playing dice at Diamond Palace, Scotts Garden KL. 不缺酒的夜晚

4.         Relaxing starter arranged by a buddy in KL before S Garden (requested to keep it a secret). 留念的舒松

Ok, back to H54.

1.         By survey, majority prefers end October 2014. After searching flight info, I propose 27 Oct (Mon)~ 30 Oct(Thu) by Air Asia. Return flights direct from KL to Guilin by AK156 (0555--0950) and AK157 (1040--1445)

2.         Dates chosen are after consideration of the prices and flights availability. Best prices effectively at MYR167 and MYR217 only for air-tickets to and return respectively. Advise to book early as prices will vary and becoming more expensive as the dates draw closer to bookings. Air tickets kindly arrange individually either by online internet www.airasia.com or through local Air Asia counters. For those who needs help please contact Soo Weng or DH

3.         The itinerary in Guilin will be quite similar to the one in the file attached herewith. Hotels, tour guides and other expenses will be arranged by me and Soo Weng once the participants are confirmed.

4.         Those who can afford longer leave and would like to visit Shanghai and Suzhou can come earlier on 23 Oct (Thur) either by MAS or Air Asia. I will arrange accommodation depending on the flights taken. Itinerary in Shanghai is flexible. We can organise a 18-hole golf on Friday afternoon while others can spend time shopping along the famous Nanjing Road. Saturday is group tour around in Shanghai and Sunday a day trip to the famous village 周庄 and 人间天堂之一的苏州。Also good for Singaporean to view the successful "Singapore Industrial Park" in Suzhou. On 27th we will take a local flight from Shanghai to Guilin meeting other buddies from KL.

Above is the draft for next year's get together. Since this is our first ever gathering outside Malaysia, I hope to make it a memorable one. Of course, to be memorable, a bigger crowd is indispensable. Therefore I urge all the ST78 buddies to make every effort to be there; give priority and plan ahead for a memorable gathering for us who used to spend so much time together during those school days time.

Should there be further comments to enhance the success of our trip, kindly share it out without hesitation!

DH

桂林之行2014.xls

Shen Lim

Nov 27, 2013, 11:15:56 PM11/27/13
to SamTet Group
Dear Chairman,
In principal, the dates are OK, shall find my way to Shanghai first, and fly to Gulin with you and return to shanghai.
Cheers

From: vcho...@163.com
To: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Subject: (Sam Tet Class of 1978) H54: Guilin Trip
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 20:02:34 +0800

VChong

Nov 27, 2013, 11:46:00 PM11/27/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Shen,

Bravo to your prompt reply and very supportive actions! Definitely count you in first.

Curious that you are returning to Shanghai after Guilin. We can continue thereafter......??

Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:46:00 +0800

YoongMing Foo

Nov 28, 2013, 8:08:56 AM11/28/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi DH

Are those dates final?

For those who want to travel to Shanghai, you will help book the flight fr Shanghai to Guilin, right?

YM

VChong

Nov 28, 2013, 9:52:45 PM11/28/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hi YM,

I really would like to call it final if there are supportive feedbacks from the group. Easier for everybody to plan ahead and to even grasp the air ticket.

So far only Shen has come back with a positive yes and KF is suggesting 13 to 16. How about you?

Can the rest also response earlier so that we can finalize the chosen dates from 27 to 30th Oct?

Yes, those coming to Shanghai need not book air ticket from Shanghai to Guilin. I can arrange the bulk bookings locally in Shanghai.

DH

Nov 29, 2013, 1:12:54 AM11/29/13
to Sam Tet Old Boys 1978

Two of us confirm 27-30 Oct 2014.

FK & wife
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: "VChong" <vcho...@163.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 10:52:45 +0800

VChong

Nov 29, 2013, 1:40:33 AM11/29/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hi YM,

Thanks for your early reply. I presume you will be coming to Shanghai on 23 Oct.

You are counted!

DH

发送时间: 20131129 14:01
收件人: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
主题: Re: 答复: (Sam Tet Class of 1978) H54: Guilin Trip

CN Yee

Nov 29, 2013, 3:28:40 AM11/29/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

FK,

Beautiful reply. Are you not coming to Shanghai?

DH

Nov 29, 2013, 5:28:27 AM11/29/13
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
DH. I am not sure about the ladies, but obviously some dirty old men are already being mislead.

Andy Leong

sie...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 9:38:06 AM11/29/13
to Sam Tet Old Boys 1978
I have business partner in Guangxi where we will arrive early few days ...

Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: "VChong" <vcho...@163.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:28:40 +0800
Subject: 答复: 答复: (Sam Tet Class of 1978) H54: Guilin Trip

sie...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 9:38:48 AM11/29/13
to Sam Tet Old Boys 1978

Shanghai is where anytime we can come.
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: "VChong" <vcho...@163.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:28:40 +0800

sie...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2013, 7:52:03 PM11/29/13
to Sam Tet Old Boys 1978

We will arrive Guilin early and go to Nanning for a couple of days. Thereafter we will come back to Guilin and join the function.

We will be in Shanghai sometimes mid December 2013 for a few days after visiting our ZaoZhuang project in Shandong.

Will meet up during then.

Cheers
Sent by Maxis from my BlackBerry® smartphone

From: "VChong" <vcho...@163.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 16:28:40 +0800

CN Yee

Nov 29, 2013, 9:55:15 PM11/29/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
I think Andy has a point. We may want to push the date forward a few days to avoid the crowd.

VChong

Nov 29, 2013, 10:09:16 PM11/29/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Andy,

How was your trip to Shanghai? Regrettably we switched places during your trip to Shanghai while I was having fun at Hooters Singapore !

You are right about the possible outcome if our gathering is scheduled around 13th Oct. Your comment is a good point in answering to KF's suggestion.

BTW, we missed having your CD though Peng Chiew made an effort to collect from you before your holidays. Would appreciate if you can pass it to Siew Wah before she leaves for Hong Kong probably on 3 Jan 2014. Thanks.

Hope you can indicate your participation to Guilin's trip earlier though knowing your habit of last minute surprises. We need your continuous professionalism in retaining the glimpses of our happy moments together in these H51~H54 series!

"Come-lah"

DH

Nov 29, 2013, 10:43:08 PM11/29/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Have I misled?

Dates chosen are from 27th Oct till 30th Oct and not 13 Oct. This period will be off peak and places should be restored back to normal conditions.

My original message dated 27 Nov:

[...]

Nov 30, 2013, 1:10:11 AM11/30/13
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Chairman 毛,I will skip Shanghai. I will leave the NC-17 programs for the big boys. 纯情小生 better stick with the G programs.

VChong

Nov 30, 2013, 2:40:42 AM11/30/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

You guys please don't play play with the words "Chairman ".  His name remains the Great Helmsman and Leader of China, so don't get me into troubles, OK? All emails and telephone conversations will be immediately alerted and analyzed if certain sensitive words appear.

As there is no Chairman Law in China, you guys please continue using it....at least the surname is correct!

CN: don't quite understand why you have so many technical words? What is NC-17 programs and the G programs? I know what is G-string and G-Spot but G program?

DH

发送时间: 20131130 14:10
收件人: sam-tet-class-of-1978

YoongMing Foo

Dec 1, 2013, 5:33:03 AM12/1/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Being a cheapskate who doesn't want to let go of AirAsia's cheap sale, I have booked my flight KL-Shanghai on 23/10/14 and Guilin-KL flight on 30/10/14.

Actually haven't really decided because it is too far ahead to plan but since the sale ends today and with my kiasu mentality, what the heck. Book 1st and think about it later.

YM

On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 8:02 PM, VChong <vcho...@163.com> wrote:

Allen Chen

Dec 1, 2013, 6:03:40 AM12/1/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Good on you YM

VChong

Dec 2, 2013, 12:50:04 AM12/2/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

How can our handsome doctor be cheapskate? I think you have set your priority to go but of course subject to last minute unforeseen circumstances. Nevertheless, the chances of such uncontrollable circumstances will be slim. Therefore, as a whole, your chances of big savings will be extremely good!

Well done, YM you must be the first person to have bought the air tickets!

DH

发送时间: 2013121 18:33

收件人: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Being a cheapskate who doesn't want to let go of AirAsia's cheap sale, I have booked my flight KL-Shanghai on 23/10/14 and Guilin-KL flight on 30/10/14.

YM

VChong

Dec 2, 2013, 12:52:05 AM12/2/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Jeff Ong,

You will follow me? Wow, such sweet and timid friend. Thanks and how I wish you were a pretty lady!

DH

Dec 2, 2013, 11:30:58 AM12/2/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hi DH,

Please confirm my participation on the Guilin trip.

Any of proposed dates are  OK for me.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Philip

VChong

Dec 3, 2013, 7:37:58 AM12/3/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hi SW,

Relieved and happy that the FIRST lady appeared with positive response. Thanks!

Three musketeers always act together. Soo Weng being the vice chairman is deemed compulsory participation leaving Mei Fong.....what happen to you? You were high and sporting in Whatsapp regarding the HK excursion !

DH

Feb 25, 2014, 12:10:37 AM2/25/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Shanghai Taiko,
Here I'm to c u there...
I hv booked d airasia flight with my wife from kl to shanghai on 23 oct departs @ 7pm n expects to touchdown mid9. U hv to arrange internal flight for us to Guilin.

VChong

Feb 25, 2014, 2:11:08 AM2/25/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Nelson,

Thanks buddy, you start the flame burning again....

Attached the participants list to date. Soo Weng please start adding the list by showing your "charm" to those still not made up their mind. Besides Msians and Sporeans, see whether you can convinced any of those guys living down under?

Regards,

VChong

May 20, 2014, 5:25:29 AM5/20/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Di Hwan,
Is it possible to view a preliminary itinerary of our Guilin trip & land cost so as to have an idea what we will be doing there.  For those who are undecided, this will perhaps help them make up their mind quickly?

Kind regards,
Siew Wah
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:sam-tet-class-of-1978%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sam-tet-class-of-1978.

VChong

May 24, 2014, 2:43:32 AM5/24/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi SW,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

The actual itinerary and land cost cannot be decided until the package is available by the renown tourist agency in China such as Ctrip. At present, they have packages covered up to 31 July 2014. The expected normal price in October is about RMB1700 per person. However, since we are going on the private trip for only STOBA members, the price is estimated at about RMB2500 per person. Hotels are 4-star and basically covered 3 meals per day.

I reckon the selection can be finalised by 31 July 2014. However, since this itinerary starts at Guilin, it is important that the flight tickets must be ascertained and be bought beforehand. Would appreciate if you guys confirmed your air tickets before 10 July 2014 and let me know the details so that I can proceed on with the subsequent arrangements.

Attached again the file for references.

Rgds

VChong

May 25, 2014, 9:06:12 PM5/25/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vincent

Xiao Zhang and I will be travelling to SH on "gao tie" from Beijing on
23/10, join the group and travel to Guilin together. Is it possible
for you to book the flight for the 2 of us so that we can travel with
the group.

We shall book the Guilin - Beijing flight ourselves.

Regards
Raymond

On 24/05/2014, VChong <vcho...@163.com> wrote:

> Hi SW,
> Sorry for the delay in reply.
> The actual itinerary and land cost cannot be decided until the package is
> available by the renown tourist agency in China such as Ctrip. At present,
> they have packages covered up to 31 July 2014. The expected normal price in
> October is about RMB1700 per person. However, since we are going on the
> private trip for only STOBA members, the price is estimated at about RMB2500
> per person. Hotels are 4-star and basically covered 3 meals per day.
> I reckon the selection can be finalised by 31 July 2014. However, since this
> itinerary starts at Guilin, it is important that the flight tickets must be
> ascertained and be bought beforehand. Would appreciate if you guys confirmed
> your air tickets before 10 July 2014 and let me know the details so that I
> can proceed on with the subsequent arrangements.
> Attached again the file for references.
> Rgds
>

> VChong
> ?发件人:?csw发送时间:?2014-05-20?17:25收件人:?sam-tet-class-of-1978主题:?(Sam Tet Class
> of 1978) H54: Guilin Trip
>

> Hi Di Hwan,
> Is it possible to view a preliminary itinerary of our Guilin trip &
> land cost so as to have an idea what we will be doing there.? For those who
>
> are undecided, this will perhaps help them make up their mind quickly?
> ?
> Kind regards,
> Siew Wah
>

> ?

VChong

May 25, 2014, 11:31:32 PM5/25/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
No problem. I need your travel documents' details for booking the flight from Shai to Guilin.

Regards,

VChong

Shen Lim

May 26, 2014, 2:18:18 AM5/26/14
to SamTet Group
Hi Vincent,
Any "Gao Tie" to Gulin ?
Cheers

Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 11:31:25 +0800
From: vcho...@163.com
To: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Re: (Sam Tet Class of 1978) H54: Guilin Trip

VChong

May 27, 2014, 1:44:17 AM5/27/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Shen,

I am afraid no. Fast train will take almost 20 hours from Shai to Guilin.

VChong

May 27, 2014, 6:05:03 AM5/27/14
to sam tet 1978
Hi all
For those who might hv missed the news. Our friend Chan Seng presented himself in proposed huhud implementation.
Any update?

Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 16:57:51 +0800
From: yee...@gmail.com
To: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
img-516202929.pdf

VChong

May 27, 2014, 9:04:51 PM5/27/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Chut-chut,

I presumed you bought Air Asia direct to Guilin, right?

Thnaks for your confirmation.

VChong

CN Yee

May 27, 2014, 10:59:23 PM5/27/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Yes, Guilin it is. 上海之夜,上海辣妹 is for the big boys. It too exciting for my heart and wallet.  温柔水乡,小家碧玉 is more to my taste.

VChong

May 28, 2014, 1:01:24 AM5/28/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Ray,

After booking your "gao tie" please let me know what time you will be arriving Shanghai Hongqiao Railway station on 23 Oct. if possible, the train number code.

For the time being, our mate from the furthest , KF,  will be the first guest arriving Shai on 23 Oct.

VChong

Date: 2014-05-26 09:06

Kin Law

May 28, 2014, 3:52:49 AM5/28/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Dii Hwan,

… and probably the last to leave Guilin. I have rescheduled my flight, stay 1 more day to visit my cousins in Guilin. Flying out from Guangzhou on 2nd November

KF

VChong

May 29, 2014, 9:35:06 PM5/29/14
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
KF,

Noted with thanks. Never expected you have cousins in Guilin.

VChong

Soo Sing

Jun 28, 2014, 12:12:45 AM6/28/14
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Dear All.

Our trip to Guilin is just 4 months away. We would like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone who has not signed up to join us in Guilin, if possible Shanghai too. The more the merrier!

Your earliest confirmation will help our chairman greatly in organising the ground tour details.

Love to see each and everyone of you there!

Cheers,
Soo Weng