Meeting up

CDH

Mar 1, 2013, 10:56:20 PM3/1/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hi STOBA uncles & aunties:

I will be in Singapore on 13 March, Wednesday. Can we meet up for a chat over dinner?

Also, hope to have a gathering with KL folks in the evening on 15 March, Friday.

I can be contacted at 012-5451737 or 86-13901937889 (China).

Cheers & Regards,

DH

Andy

Mar 2, 2013, 11:33:30 PM3/2/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com, <sam-tet-class-of-1978@googlegroups.com>
Hi brother,
Will be in KL on biz Mar 11-13.  Back in SG in the evening.  Apologies can't join dinner on Mar-13; I can join u all for drinks after your dinner.

Regards,

Sent from my iPad

CN Yee

Mar 2, 2013, 11:38:21 PM3/2/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Talking about drinking - does anybody remember seeing Andy drinking anything other than chinese tea and mineral water? I am going to need photo proof for this!

CDH

Mar 4, 2013, 11:04:30 PM3/4/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Thanks brother, for your response.

Sometimes I wonder whether a gathering for dinner in Spore could be a luxurious affair, especially on a weekday?

Hope there will be a gathering to say hello & a chat probably over a drink if dinner is not too convenient.

Regards,

DH

Mar 5, 2013, 5:05:49 AM3/5/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Uncle DH

Not to worry.Uncles Yong Square and I will keep u company when your are in kiasu land.

Cheers
Uncle 老波

Sent from my iPhone

Allen Chen

Mar 5, 2013, 5:12:09 AM3/5/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
uncle dh.

fortunately uncle yong2 and uncle kp are very dedicated family men so they are always available in singapore.

and there are many good eateries in singapore plus tiger beer so you will be right.

CDH

Mar 6, 2013, 12:31:28 AM3/6/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Dear uncle KP & Yong Sq.

 Warm feelings from kiasuland. Thanks 老波, for your message.

I remembered Y2 told me in our last meet up in Marina Bay that he had little chance to use computer at home as his kids had priorities. Therefore, he often missed reading the mails in our 1978 Google group. I presumed you took the trouble to telephone him?

Uncle Allen, dedicated family men, on the contrary, are reluctant to stay out for meals or entertainment with friends and customers. They prefer to be with family at most time and stay at home. Do not take things for granted.

I feel that it is more of preferences and appreciation. I am old fashion and I treasure the chances to greet my old friends face-to-face rather than through the “e” and the “I”. I did that when I heard you came back to KL but unfortunately you “let go aeroplane”. Anyway, we are those very rare friends who had been classmate as well as room-mate. Hope we can meet up soon in the future.

Regards,

DH

Mar 12, 2013, 7:01:07 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com, sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Brothers n sisters,
Dinner mana tempat?

Rgds,
Andy

Chan Kiang Por

Mar 12, 2013, 8:38:11 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com, sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Dear Uncle Andy
Most probably some eateries near the MRT stations - easier to cabut.

Original intention is Spice Peranakan at Biopolis but unfortunately they are no longer serving dinner.

Any good suggestion ?

Sent from my iPhone

csw

Mar 12, 2013, 9:56:13 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com, sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Singapore buddies,
Good idea to be near MRT, most likely not driving tomorrow.  I will finish at about 8pm at MBFC, and will go from there.

Chan Kiang Por

Mar 12, 2013, 10:03:01 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com, <sam-tet-class-of-1978@googlegroups.com>
Dear All Uncles and Aunties

Ok. Will make a booking tomorrow at Nihon Mura @ Revenue House - the place that squeezes our income yearly.
The nearest MRT will b at Novena.

Will meet around 7.30 pm. See you all!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone

Andy Leong

Mar 12, 2013, 10:03:35 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Any one for shying away from restaurant, and going for teochew moi in shophouses?
If you are keen, I recommend the shophouse at the corner of Geylang Lor 39 & Geylang Rd.  It's a short walk from Paya Lebar MRT.

:)

Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:38 PM

Dear Uncle Andy
Most probably some eateries near the MRT stations - easier to cabut.

Original intention is Spice Peranakan at Biopolis but unfortunately they are no longer serving dinner.

Any good suggestion ?
Sent from my iPhone
On 12 Mar, 2013, at 7:01 PM, Andy Leong <leong_...@yahoo.com.sg> wrote:
Brothers n sisters,
Dinner mana tempat?

Rgds,
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sam Tet Class of 1978" group.To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sam-tet-class-of...@googlegroups.com.To post to this group, send email to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com.Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/sam-tet-class-of-1978?hl=en.For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
[...]

CDH

Mar 12, 2013, 10:29:34 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Brothers & sisters definitely sound younger than uncles & aunties! We yearned to be adults when we were kids but pretended to be young when we got older.

I will come to Spore from JB tomorrow around 12pm visiting my sister at 2 Dublin Rd. Thereafter, I should be free waiting to meet you all. I remembered visiting a Penang Buffet Food centre in Fusionopolis where they serve fantastic all types of Penang savoury. Anyway, this is just a suggestion and I have no idea where-about is this place.

Since I have to go back to JB for unfinished matters, I need to catch the last available transportation after the gathering. How late could that be? I can sacrifice some sleeping hours though, as long as I can get back to JB. Would appreciate if we can start a little bit earlier where possible.

Regards,

DH

Mar 12, 2013, 11:02:58 AM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Dear All

Any spare room to let for uncle DH at a discounted rate ? Could b a bit too rush after dinner.

Dear uncle DH - Do you still keen for a second helping for the Penang food at Fusionopolis - the nearest MRT station is one-north ?

Sent from my iPhone

CDH

Mar 12, 2013, 12:05:57 PM3/12/13
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Uncle KP,

Oh, thanks for your consideration. I suppose that is really call “luxurious” if Singaporeans have vacant spare room in their dwelling homes. I am staying in Danga area in JB. Maybe I can catch a cab back?

I don’t mind a second visit if that place is convenient to most of you especially to CSW who will have to work late. Please SMS to me the meeting place (and the nearest MRT station) once decided. Sorry for the troubles caused!

DH

发送时间: 2013312 23:03
收件人: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Andy Leong

Feb 27, 2015, 11:42:42 PM2/27/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeffrey, Kee Mun, Tuck Cheong & Tuck Ming,

Thanks Jeffrey for arranging the lunch at short notice.  Really good to see you folks again & catch up.

Heard a little about the changes in Ipoh Old Town.  So I squeezed in some time to wander around.  Fook Kheong, 飞机 (of 5S2) and I used to frequent 光兴 for lunch the last few weeks before O level exam, because we did our revision at the nearby Ipoh Library.

Impression:
*  Some area of Old Town have changed, some areas have remained in a time capsule.  A very interesting mix.
*  Sadly, standard at 光兴 has dropped.  I was grossly disappointed with the popiah - it no longer tastes the same ... :(

Link to some images of Old Town:  https://flic.kr/s/aHsk8HEvrY

*  These images I have posted on Flickr so far showcase the changes - how sleepy Old Town is slowly changing to attract tourists.
*  I will at later stage post a few that show the "frozen in time".

For STOBA friends not based in Malaysia or Ipoh, hope it keeps you posted of the changes in your home town and bring back fond memories.

Regards,
Andy

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 12:14:48 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Jun 20, 2015, 12:15:46 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_aMG_6971-1c.jpg
_aMG_6972-1c.jpg
_aMG_6982-1c.jpg
_aMG_6984-1c.jpg
_aMG_6988-1c.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 12:23:32 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_aMG_7029-1c.jpg
_aMG_7031-1c.jpg
_aMG_7032-1c.jpg
_aMG_7033-1c.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 12:24:51 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_aMG_7134-1c.jpg
_aMG_7135-2c.jpg
_aMG_7139-3c.jpg
_aMG_7140-4c.jpg
_aMG_7145-5c.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 12:27:24 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_aMG_7151-1c.jpg
_bMG_6802-1.jpg
_bMG_6815-1.jpg
_bMG_6848-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 12:28:06 AM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_bMG_6873-1.jpg
_bMG_6878-1.jpg

lau pc

Jun 20, 2015, 11:06:08 AM6/20/15
to sam tet 1978
Dear Andy
Many thanks for fabulous photos!
Seems that series 3 is missing. Pls don't mind sending again
Cheeeeeeeers
PC

Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 04:27:53 +0000
From: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
To: sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Subject: (Sam Tet Class of 1978) Re: Fond Memories - Gopeng 2015 - Series 7

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:25:07 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Peng Chew & all,
Must have busted the 8Mb.
Sending you as Series 3a & 3b.

_aMG_6990-1c.jpg
_aMG_6994-1c.jpg
_aMG_6996-1c.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:25:51 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_aMG_7015-1c.jpg
_aMG_7026-1c.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:30:53 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_6906-1.jpg
_cMG_6911-1.jpg
_cMG_6918-1.jpg
_cMG_6920-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:31:47 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_6935-1.jpg
_cMG_6936-1.jpg
_cMG_6938-1.jpg
_cMG_7128-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:32:45 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_7178-1.jpg
_cMG_7181-1.jpg
_cMG_7194-1.jpg
_cMG_7222-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:34:59 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_6738-1.jpg
_cMG_6739-1.jpg
_cMG_6867-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:35:56 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_6868-1.jpg
_cMG_6885-1.jpg
_cMG_6893-1.jpg

Andy Leong

Jun 20, 2015, 9:36:34 PM6/20/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
_cMG_6895-1.jpg
_cMG_6900-1.jpg

thon...@singnet.com.sg

Jun 22, 2015, 9:38:18 AM6/22/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com

Hai, everybody,

nice to share with the picture.

but have no idea when you all organise for this back to sakai trip...

it did not show in our sam tet78 group email....

something secret going on ?

regards.

Thong

Jun 22, 2015, 9:40:40 PM6/22/15
to sam-tet-class-of-1978
Hi Andy,

Fantastic photos! Yes, definitely more actions than the usual makan and yum seng photos !

You should participate in all our H gatherings so that our legacy can be retained.
Of all these photos, I feel that Au Chee Kheong's  is obviously sexy and protrudingly outstanding.

VChong

Yok Seng Poon

Jun 24, 2015, 6:51:37 AM6/24/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dii Hwang,

Do you mean this sexy photo ?
35C.png
_aMG_6996-1c.jpg

Yok Seng Poon

Jun 24, 2015, 6:55:33 AM6/24/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kai Chee,

All these uncles & aunties are very lazy to read emails now.
They are all very up-to-date using the WhatsApp.
So if you want to get yourself updated with what's going on with the ST78 group, contact Lee Kong Ho & ask him to add you in the Whatsapp group.

Andy Leong

Jun 24, 2015, 10:20:40 AM6/24/15
to sam-tet-cl...@googlegroups.com
Hi  Dii Hwan,