3006.0 Release Going Live Soon

mwilhite

Apr 18, 2023, 10:58:09 AM4/18/23
to Salt-users
Hi all!

The 3006.0 release of Salt will be going live on repo.saltproject.io shortly. This means that the version of Salt in /latest/ will be changing to 3006.0

If you wish to pin to a minor or major release rather than updating to the latest versions when they are released, please follow the instructions on
https://docs.saltproject.io/salt/install-guide/en/latest/ for each distribution.

Florian Ermisch

Apr 19, 2023, 3:17:48 AM4/19/23
to Salt-users
Hi Megan, hi all,

are there plans to create LTS-only repositories which won't contain STS-versions?

Also: While the docs¹ link to the 2023 GPG key for os_family:RedHat the key doesn't exist on the webserver we're hitting here from the office. From my mobile the URL works fine. Maybe some caching issue on the CDN/reverse proxies?

Best regards,
Florian

¹) https://docs.saltproject.io/salt/install-guide/en/latest/topics/install-by-operating-system/centos.html#install-salt-on-centos-7

Robby Callicotte

Apr 19, 2023, 4:41:10 PM4/19/23
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, April 19, 2023 2:17:37 AM CDT 'Florian Ermisch' via Salt-users
wrote:
> Hi Megan, hi all,
>
> are there plans to create LTS-only repositories which won't contain
> STS-versions?
>
> Also: While the docs¹ link to the 2023 GPG key for os_family:RedHat the key
> doesn't exist on the webserver we're hitting here from the office. From my
> mobile the URL works fine. Maybe some caching issue on the CDN/reverse
> proxies?
>
> Best regards,
> Florian
>
> ¹)
> https://docs.saltproject.io/salt/install-guide/en/latest/topics/install-by-> operating-system/centos.html#install-salt-on-centos-7

Salt releases are built in epel9 currently for community use. These are non
one-dir packages, they are traditional rpms. The aim is to be compatible with
epel guidelines for lifecycle support.

--
Robby Callicotte
He/His