SSL Certificate_Verify_Failed

John Adams

Dec 6, 2022, 2:21:59 PM12/6/22
to Salt-users
Hello all, I am pulling my hair out over this one.  I rolled out a Microsoft CA with an offline Root CA and an online subordinate CA.  I have gotten the CA certs pushed out successfully to my windows machines with GPO no issues.  I used a salt state to roll out the certs to my linux servers, again no issues.  I can confirm it works doing a curl as a test from all my servers to any SSL sites with a cert from the new CA.  Using the Zabbix module in salt, I can connect to my newly certed zabbix server signed by the CA with no issues running salt commands.  Using the Netbox module, I get a Certificate_Verify_Failed error and I do not understand why.  What am I missing?  Does python pull certs somewhere other than the trusted CA certs from the OS?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.