working with augeas in salt

Yann Sagon

Aug 17, 2022, 9:52:33 AM8/17/22
to salt-...@googlegroups.com
Dear list,

I'm playing with augeas in salt and I'm not able to work with the file /etc/updatedb.conf

I try to add a value to PRUNEPATHS after all the existing value.

As this isn't working, I try something simpler that doesn't work either.

Using Augeas directly I can get a single entry:

augtool> print /files/etc/updatedb.conf/PRUNEPATHS/entry[last()]
/files/etc/updatedb.conf/PRUNEPATHS/entry[14] = "asdf"

Using salt CLI:

salt-call augeas.get "/files/etc/updatedb.conf/PRUNEPATHS/entry[last()]"
local:
    /files/etc/updatedb.conf/PRUNEPATHS/entry[last()]:

It seems the value of PRUNEPATHS seen from salt is a string without entries.

Thanks for your help.