FreeBSDkmod doesn't found drm-kmod kernel modules

1 view

rollniak

Sep 9, 2022, 11:02:56 PMSep 9
to Salt-users
Hello,

I want to use salt to manage my workstations running on FreeBSD 13.1.
By default kernel modules are listed in /boot/kernel but its not always
the case.
If you want some graphics you needs to install drm-kmod. The path for
drm-kmod modules are in /boot/modules/. The salt.module.freebsdkmod do
no look at this directory :

https://github.com/saltstack/salt/blob/76e50885b07621e9e4c16bc3f1ebc16c93983b90/salt/modules/freebsdkmod.py#L120

But if drm-kmod is not installed, then the folder /boot/modules doesn't
exist.

Let's see what happen :

$ salt '*' kmod.check_available vmm
dsktp-aramaki
True
$ salt '*' kmod.check_available amdgpu
dsktp-aramaki
False
$ salt '*' cmd.run 'ls /boot/modules'
dsktp-aramaki
amdgpu.ko
drm.ko
i915kms.ko
linker.hints
linuxkpi_gplv2.ko
radeonkms.ko
ttm.ko
$ salt '*' kmod.available
dsktp-aramaki
- aac
- aacraid
- accf_data
[... cut ...]
- alpm
- alq
- amd_ecc_inject
- amdgpio
- amdpm
- amdsbwd
- amdsmb
- amdsmn
- amdtemp
- amr
- amr_cam
- amr_linux
- aout
- arcmsr

I need you advices:
- should I open an bug on Github for this ?
- I never play with Python before. Is this kind of a bug for beginner
who want to participate ?

Best regards,
--
rollniak