Fwd: [uk-hackspaces] Looking for hacks & creations for televised CHRISTMAS LECTURES

Richard Smedley

Oct 28, 2014, 7:55:02 AM10/28/14
to potteries-hackspace, salop-h...@googlegroups.com
fyi :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Faraday <rich...@ri.ac.uk>
Date: 27 October 2014 11:48
Subject: [uk-hackspaces] Looking for hacks & creations for televised
CHRISTMAS LECTURES
To: uk-hac...@googlegroups.com

Hello!

(Sorry if you've seen this message on other groups, too!)

I thought you guys might be interested in a short project from the
Royal Institution.

This year’s Christmas Lectures, (our science lecture series broadcast
on the BBC at Christmas that’s been running since 1825) ‘How to hack
your home: Sparks will fly’ are themed around hacking, making, and
tinkering. As part of them, we’d really like to showcase the
creativity and ingenuity of the maker movement to the world. We’re
inviting people to submit any hacks and projects to
http://www.hackgallery.org/ by 31 October, and we’ll feature the best
in the lectures shown on BBC4 this Christmas. The lectures will go up
on the Ri Channel afterwards for anyone around the world to watch for
free.

There’ll be three lectures, based loosely around three key objects – a
lightbulb, a motor, and a phone (communications), so projects in some
way related to these are particularly welcome, though we’d love to see
anything!

If you’ve got something you’ve made or are working on we’d love to see
it – just post a photo/video on http://www.hackgallery.org/submit

Thanks,

Ant

--