Agricultural Inputs Distributor Model

Jonathan rosenfeld

Jul 2, 2016, 8:49:20 AM7/2/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

Fresh Salone ltd has developed a new model to distribute its improved agricultural inputs to ALL Districts and provide access to these inputs at Chiefdom level through Agent Distributors.
Fresh Salone identifies Farmers or Potential Input Suppliers, provides a profit margin for them and will Train the Agents in Integrated Pest Control Management following GLOBAL-GAP standard, so as to create a self-sustainable- non-funded- 'last mile delivery' method.
The Agent Distributor will visit your activity areas and other active agricultural areas, so as to provide input supply to their doorstep and further Training in Good Agricultural Practices.

We truly believe input supply should be market driven and funded, and in these times of Post-Ebola recovery we believe this method can finally encourage Farmers to purchase their inputs and Farm in a Agro-business environment and commercially oriented, and be aware of the real cost of their farming activities.

This will only work with the support of your organisation.
The model doesn't require any funding on your part, just a connection to actual Farming activities and areas, and potential Distributors.
Fresh Salone will do the rest.

Following inputs are included in this small-holder outreach model:
-Improved seeds, climate and season specific
-improved crop specific fertilizers, both water soluble and field grade
-GLOBAL-GAP standard pest control products
-Quality knapsack sprayers and protection suits
-Nursery sets
-Footpumps for water supply
-...

Please contact us on 088318318 and we will come to your location shortly.
This coming week, we are visiting following Districts:
Bo, Moyamba, Kenema, Kailahun, Kono so as to identify different Farmer Groups and potential Agent Distributors.

Thank you for your usual support,

 and hope to being able to provide quality inputs to your Farmer Groups,

Jonathan Rosenfeld

bdamajames

Jul 2, 2016, 12:50:03 PM7/2/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com
Excellent initiative!

Sent from my Samsung device

Hans-Peter Mueller

Jul 3, 2016, 6:06:32 AM7/3/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com

We would appreciate if you could explain the mechanisms of your distribution system to bridge the last mile.

Best

HP

Jul 3, 2016, 4:29:16 PM7/3/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan, have you started implementing the model? It's important to utilize farmers' facilities at chiefdom level like ABCs to reduce final price of inputs. We all need to work with farmers to increase the uptake of these agro inputs and related services by the farming community in Saline... without effective demand, good models like this will not thrive. David FAO

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Hans ten Zweege

Jul 4, 2016, 4:23:17 PM7/4/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com
We tried before. Trying to supply our own fertilizers (CROPMAX, TeMax)
and seeds. Whereas we are quite succesfull from Holland to reach
farmers in Ghana, Togo, Niger, Nigeria, Mali and Senegal, Sierra Leone
did not work for us.

It seemed difficult without reliable representatives in the field. I
wish you succes.

Hans ten Zweege
Holland Farming BV
Groenekanseweg 246
3737AL Groenekan
tel +31 356017391
www.hollandfarming.com
https://www.facebook.com/cropmax-124284620990961/

Citeren 'mwesigwad' via SaloneFAB <salo...@googlegroups.com>:
> Jonathan Rosenfeld - You received this message because you are
> subscribed to the Google Groups "SaloneFAB" group. To unsubscribe
> from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
> salonefab+...@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send
> email to salo...@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/d/optout. 1 - You received this message
> because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "SaloneFAB" group.
> send an email to salonefab+...@googlegroups.com. To post to
> this group, send email to salo...@googlegroups.com. Visit this
> group at https://groups.google.com/group/salonefab. For more
> options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Mail Service

Jul 5, 2016, 7:10:59 AM7/5/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jonathan,
I am interested in  your input distribution model as proposed. I work with smallholder farmers with huge demands for agricultural inputs to which,  this approach will be of essence.
Thanks and looking forward to working with you.
Regards
Abdulai

Jul 5, 2016, 1:18:51 PM7/5/16
to salo...@googlegroups.com, Santigie Kanu
Thanks Hans,

For your openness. To reach farmers is easy but to cover the "last mile" is a difficult.

First, there is no structure of private agricultural input dealers in the country. Tools are produced in the villages. Seeds are interchanged amongst farmers. Hardware shops in bigger towns offer imported tools. FINIC, WinGin and West Africa Agriculture Equipment Company are the only companies which offer processing equipment at affordable prices at District level. Nevertheless, service behavior needs improvement

Second, financial situation of farmers and productivity limits investment of relatively costly input like pesticides and fertilizer. One bag of fertilizer is upto 180,000 Le. Only a few farmers have that money in their cash box. Things are changing slowly with the help of community banks and FSA. Seasonal farming is not yet a business.

Third, NGOs are covering the last mile and make efforts of private dealers obsolete. NGOs work together with input dealers in Freetown and take over the distribution system. We are responding to this by piloting a voucher system.

The above are assumption. The "last mile" requires careful attention.

Best

HP
[Zur Welthungerhilfe Website]<http://www.welthungerhilfe.de/es-reicht-fuer-alle.html>
[http://www.welthungerhilfe.de/fileadmin/emails/emailfooter20/whh_emailfooter_printmail.gif]<http://www.welthungerhilfe.de/es-reicht-fuer-alle.html>