XRD 1.0 currently up for OASIS Standard vote

Will Norris

Oct 22, 2010, 7:25:53 PM10/22/10
to activity...@googlegroups.com, gen...@lists.openid.net, bo...@lists.openid.net, sp...@lists.openid.net, oa...@googlegroups.com, oexc...@googlegroups.com, portable...@googlegroups.com, salmon-...@googlegroups.com, diso-p...@googlegroups.com, webf...@googlegroups.com
(apologies up front for those that get multiple copies of this due to the wide cross post)

For those that haven't been following the current status XRD, I wanted to ping you and let you know that it is currently being voted on for consideration as an OASIS Standard.

As a quick recap, XRD is a simple format for describing resources, with one immediate use being discovery of social web services.  It is a direct evolution of XRDS (used for discovery in OpenID 2.0) and XRDS-Simple (used in OAuth Discovery, Portable Contacts, et al).  XRD is currently in use as the descriptor format powering WebFinger.  You can read the full spec at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/xri/xrd/v1.0/xrd-1.0.html

I'm writing to these communities to encourage anyone whose company is an OASIS member to find out who your OASIS representative is and encourage them to vote.  The ballot is open through October 31, so we only have just over a week left.

Ballot: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/voting/ballot.php?id=1955 (OASIS login required)

Thanks,
Will Norris