Fwd: 2020 Salmon-Challis Trails Accomplishments

1 view

Rachel Layman

Dec 3, 2020, 9:22:14 AM12/3/20
to salmon-area-...@googlegroups.com

Hey, everyone -

Please see the update below, detailing trail work accomplishments on the Salmon-Challis National Forest in 2020. Many thanks go out to everyone who showed our local trails some love this year!

Hello – On behalf of the Salmon-Challis and our trails staff, I wanted to extend a sincere thank you to all of our partners and volunteers who helped ensure that 2020 was a successful trail work season on the Salmon-Challis!  In spite of the challenges that 2020 presented us all, collectively we were able to increase the trail miles maintained on the Salmon-Challis as compared to the past several years.  We were able to maintain 1,181 miles in 2020.  This is in large part to work completed, organized, and championed by our partners and volunteers.  As many of you know, we received a few substantial grants and earmarks from the State of Idaho and the Forest Service Washington and Regional offices in the last few years to help us maintain our trails infrastructure.  In many cases your support helped secure this funding for the Salmon-Challis and for you, our partners, to complete this important trails maintenance.  With the Great American Outdoors Act being past this year, the Trails Stewardship Act (2016) and other recent attention on improving trail conditions, we will continue to need your support and assistance to help solve our trails issues.  Thanks again for all of your help and we look forward to working with you as we head into 2021 and beyond.

Please feel free to share with others who I may have missed.

Best,

Nick Schade

2020 Trail Accomplishment Highlights

  • 1,181 miles of trail maintained on the SCNF in 2020.
  • 1,192 of the 3,268 miles of trail on the Forest , meeting Standard (34.7%).
  • 859 miles of trail maintained on the SCNF in the Central Idaho Priority Area
    • Up from 623 miles maintained in the priority area in 2019.
  • 1,005 miles of trails maintained in the Frank Church (both Regions, all Forests).
  • 239.5 miles maintained by outfitters through the Fee Offset Pilot Project.
    • 224 miles maintained by outfitters in the Central Idaho Priority Area.
    • 138 miles maintained by outfitters in the Frank Church.

Scroll Below for more Trail Work Accomplishment Charts.

Rachel Layman
Director of Strategic Development & Operations
208-756-1686 (Office)