Trails stuff this summer *corrected date!

1 view

Kate Yeater

Jul 7, 2023, 8:15:46 PM7/7/23
to salmon-area-...@googlegroups.com
Hi trails folks!

*resending this with the correct CDT date in August. Apologies for the multiple emails!

I hope the summer is treating you well. It's been awhile since we've had a Salmon-Challis Trails meeting or connected! I'm not sure what would be best for everyone this summer though as I know everyone's busy; a field trip on a weekday, a trail work volunteer day, or an evening meeting? I think it might be more worthwhile for us to get outside, so let me know your thoughts/preferences and some dates that work best! I was considering Friday July 21; Tuesday July 25; Friday July 28 for some sort of field trip/work day. Thoughts?

A few other things happening on trails coming up this summer:
  • Bill and SIMBA are hosting a trail work day along the Rattlesnake Ridge Trail TOMORROW Saturday July 8th from 9-3. RSVP through SIMBA's Facebook, Instagram, or website.
  • It's not too late to sign up for the Continental Divide Trail Coalition's multi-day trail work project along Big Hole Pass and other nearby trails in early August. For more details and to sign up go to their website
  • Mark your calendars for Friday August 11th - in coordination with the CDTC we'll be hosting a community stewardship event at the North Fork Store. It'll be a fun evening of food, drinks, and celebrating our status as a Gateway Community for the CDT. If you have ideas for what you'd like to see at this event, send them my way!
  • The Challis Community Trails Collaborative has invited us, the Salmon-Challis Trails Group, to come down to Challis on Saturday September 9th for some mingling, exploring their trails, and learning together! We can coordinate carpooling, leaving Salmon around 9 am. More details to come!
Let me know your thoughts, preferences, and availability for doing some trails stuff this month!
Kate
--
Kate Yeater (she/her)
Outdoor Education and Trails Stewardship Coordinator

www.salmonvalley.org
office: 208-756-1686
cell: 419-310-2447