Weed Spraying for Highway Path

Seaberg, Glenn T

May 5, 2023, 12:19:09 PM5/5/23
to salmon-area-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we have been watching the vegetation popping up along the path this spring and it seems that it about 95%+ weeds and only a few desirables from the seed mix that was used. The BLM is planning on trying to get out next week (hopefully Tuesday but weather depending) and use a spray mixture with the intent to basically kill all the vegetation. We may need to do a follow up treatment later this summer as well. The longer-term plan would be to then work with the county and their hydro-seeder to put down a more grass heavy seed mixture this fall. Hopefully this plan will allow the vegetation to establish quicker and cover better for the future. Let me know if you have any questions.

Glenn "Travis" Seaberg
Outdoor Recreation Planner
BLM-Salmon Field Office