[*] Price DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator review

mico...@gator3035.hostgator.com

Dec 24, 2013, 12:28:51 AM12/24/13
to sale-fitnes...@googlegroups.com

DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator Revews & Data

BRAND : Delorme and Rating 4.8 Review By Jacky
More Detail DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS NavigatorCheck Price DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator

What to consider before buying the product.
The fast delivery.
Free shipping or no.
Shipping and delivery.
The reliability of the store.
Review of the client.
Before buying it. Should always check the price and shipping cost.
Cheapest, lowest price. No matter the quality of the product.
You should choose the quality of the product before.

Check more Market Shop For DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator

Price Compareison Table Available In 1 Store

Image Title Price/Store Action
XO Skins Screen Protector Compatible With Delorme Earthmate PN 40 With Anti-Scratch Proof Protection
Brand:XO Skins
Sale Price By
Newegg.com
Price As of Mon, 23 Dec 2013 23:28:51 -0600

DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator Opinions

  • 3 Axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
  • Power mamagement system with ambient light sensor for optimal battery life
  • Exchange GPS Files to SD cards(including waypoints, tracks and geocaches)
  • Unrivaled Map and Imagery Choices
  • 3.5 GB of user-available memory

Description ::

  • You have to make sure you will get the best price by comparingDeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator price over the online source
  • You have to make sure you are dealing with the most reliable shop or store before buying "DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator"
  • Research well before purchasing onlineDeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator
  • Make sure the store keep your personal information private before you buy DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator
  • Make sure you can proceed credit card online to buy DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator and the store protects your information from fraudulents
  • Make sure the customer support is always there to help you when you place DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator order with them

Customer Reviews

Most helpful customer reviews

5Much better model for mapping GPS
By C. Dillman
The PN-60 is a much better unit than the PN-40. Battery life is infinitely longer compared to the PN-40 (I had one) this unit will go all day on the Li-ion rechargeable pack. Additionally, the new menu system is far quicker to navigate and the profile view showing elevation is great for hikes. This unit teamed with the new Topo 9 also provides for quicker and simpler map and routing downloads. As far a GPS units this one may not have the biggest screen or smallest size etc... the reason you buy this unit is for the data layering and the Delorme maps - nothing comes close for $29.95 / year.

Check out the Delorme web site for plenty of examples.

5Everything I needed, plus more
By Patrick
I realized I wanted a GPS when I discovered geocaching, it took me one time going with a friend to find a cache and then I was hooked. I did however, spend at least 2 weeks shopping around, reading about GPSr's from every company I could learn about, and then narrowed it down to a few. Both Delorme's were in my radar, as well as the Garmin Oregon, Dakota, and GPSmap series. My friend owns a GPSmap60csx from Garmin, and I must admit that those have extremely exceptional accuracy, which most reviews and forums will attest to. I also learned that the Garmin Oregon and Dakota have had issues with attaining WAAS satellite locks, which took them out of the picture. These WAAS satellites give a much more accurate reading, and when you're looking for caches in thick woods, pinpointing the area is crucial. What made me decide on Delorme over the GPSmap is mostly the software that Delorme offers. From my experience with both GPS', the Garmin may be slightly more accurate in readings, by about a foot, which is a negligible amount. Having said that, back to the software, Delorme's Topo NA software is incredibly in depth, (although not very intuitive). As well as Delorme's map subscription package, you have many options for how your GPS will portray its data to you. I mean, for adding the $30 subscription to your total price, you have access to satellite images, USGS quad maps (which is amazing!), aerial photos, nautical maps, canada topo maps.... it just can't be beat. And with the Topo software, you can layer and customize all the maps to work together as one super map on your GPS. Not to mention the Earthmate PN-60 has a much nicer, newer interface than the Garmin GPSmap.

All in all, I am extremely satisfied with my purchase of this product. It offers everything I wanted for geocaching, plus with a car mount, this works very well as an in car navigating GPS, and for bicycling too. Also with the nautical charts it will work great for boating and fishing as well. Many reviews I read about this GPS complained about the screen being too small for a car, but for someone with avg-good eyesight, it is perfectly readable. Lastly, I would seriously recommend buying this from Amazon, as I got impatient and bought it from a different store, which had the best price with my coupon added on. But to my dismay, only 2 days after I purchased it elsewhere, Amazon dropped their price almost $100 cheaper than they had had it listed for. So I say for this new listed price on this product, it is a steal!

5Lots of Bang for the Buck
By Michael J. Andress
Before I buy anything off of Amazon I read all the reviews written by Amazon buyers. In most cases I'll read reviews written by customers of other vendors.

In the case of the Delorme PN-60 all reviews that I read mentioned the broad feature set that the unit features which includes WAAS, geocaching features, a powerful software package that interfaces with the unit, Topo level maps included for the US, Canada and Mexico, map layering which supports satellite and aerial imagery. Included are an electronic compass and barometric altimeter. For geocachers the unit supports geocaching.com plugins, .loc and gpx file formats. I was impressed with the ability to add up to 32Gb of additional memory with an SDHC card. I was impressed that all this could be had for $249 compared to other units with equivalent features that cost $400+ and $500+ in some cases.

What I wasn't impressed with were the many reviews that complained that the documentation for the unit and Topo 9 software were incomplete and difficult to understand. In addition many complained that maps take excessive amounts of time to load or will not load at all. Luckily for me I've learned in 33 years of computer use that more often than not if something doesn't work right it is the nut behind the wheel and not the wheel that is usually the problem. With reservations I purchased the PN-60.

Folks I'm here to tell you that the PN-60 performs as advertised. 1st time out of the box it took around 3 minutesfor the unit to find, lock on to and generate it's position. After that the lock normally has taken a minute or less. I tried getting a lock from inside my house. Takes a bit longer but it locked on to 5 satellites with ease. In most cases the accuracy shown on the display claims 12 feet or less and in some cases 9 feet. I turned on track and walked up the side of my house and back. The resolution was fine enough that one could see the walk up and the walk back on the track. I did all of this without using the manual by looking at the home page and choosing the satellite and tracks icons. Not bad for a 1st time GPS user.

After playing with the unit for a bit I plugged an old 4Gb SDHC card I had laying around into my PC. The PN-60 comes with DVD's with Topo maps for Canada, the US and Mexico. I inserted the SE US disk and loaded OK and TX into the PN-60. It didn't take an hour, it didn't take 45 minutes, 30 minutes or even 15. It took 12 minutes to load a class 2 SDHC memory card up. Keep in mind that class 2 is about as slow as it goes when it comes to SD speed. With a class 4 or 6 it would have taken even less time. One note: I did read the instructions for the process prior to loading the maps onto the SD and followed the advice to load the maps onto the SD by plugging it straight into my PC rather than installing it in the PN-60 1st. After installing the SD into the unit the maps were accessible and usable. Surprisingly the supplied topo maps include contour lines, different colors for varying terrain and even showed businesses in my local area as points of interest.

Next I installed the Topo 9 software without issue. The PC I use has Windows 7 Home Premium, 4Gb Ram and a 560Gb HD. It took about 20 minutes to install. Not typical but understandable considering the amount of raw map data that is installed with it.

I opened up the software after installation expecting the worst. NOT! Topo 9's highly graphical interface is a very intuitive package to use and I dove in and was creating routes, checking the accuracy of route calculations, loading geocache .loc files into it within just a few minutes. Next I decided to sync Topo 9 with the PN-60 and tried to load some geocaches and preplanned routes to the GPS from Topo 9. the Sync tool worked quickly to sync up Topo 9 and the GPS perfectly and I didn't have to read the docs to do it - it really is an intuitive process for anyone familiar with windows. NOTE: I did read the Topo 9 docs about sync later. I found out that the Sync tool is more powerful than I had imagined and can be used for more than just syncing up Topo 9 projects with your GPS.

After doing that I used the $40 voucher for downloading maps off of Delorme's map site that is part of the package to grab some USGS Topo maps for an area around a local lake I frequent. Went without a hitch. They showed up on the topo 9 maps and looked great. Did another sync and they were available for view on the GPS. Unfortunately with just a 2.2" screen they didn't add much to the usefullness so I turned them off on the GPS. Tried getting some satellite imagery with similar results. (NOTE: you can't get the best aerial and satellite imagery without subscribing to the Delorme map service - since those go down to as little as 30cm resolution I imagine they would look just fine on the GPS screen).

Now for the only gotcha I've found so far. Topo 9 uses project files. When I was done doing the above I closed the software without saving the project. Next time I loaded up the USGS map view of the lake area was gone. Still available but I had to go and manually turn 'em back on. Routes were still available but I had to turn them back on along with the geocaches. So I saved the project after turning everything back on the way I wanted to see it and voila - next time everything was as expected. Projects, will I believe, turn out to be the heart of the software and a very powerful tool for anyone that travels extensively and uses a GPS to do it.

Anyway long story short - the unit performs as advertised. The software is intuitive and the documentation for both the GPS unit and the Software (seperate PDF's) is very complete.

The PN-60 provides a huge amount of value for the price and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a GPS unit to be primarily used as a geocaching, hiking and camping tool.

See all 141 customer reviews...

Compare Price and More Details ::> DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator

DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator . DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator . DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator DeLorme Earthmate PN 60 Portable GPS Navigator .