Storage/Memory allocation for production set up

John Peterson

Sep 5, 2018, 1:38:20 PM9/5/18
to sal-discuss
I have got Sal up and running in testing, but now as we move into production I am trying to figure out resource allocation for this.
Will likely be running this from Digital Ocean. Anyone have any information they could share as far as what their environment looks like storage/memory wise?

Regards,

John

Graham Gilbert

Sep 5, 2018, 2:23:42 PM9/5/18
to sal-d...@googlegroups.com
This largely depends on how many clients are checking in and how much data they’re shipping up.

John Peterson

Sep 5, 2018, 2:38:51 PM9/5/18
to sal-discuss
Thanks for the quick response. It would be roughly 600-700 users with the default reporting for the time being.

Graham Gilbert

Sep 5, 2018, 3:38:18 PM9/5/18
to sal-d...@googlegroups.com
There isn't a recommended number. You will just need to try it I'm afraid. For reference, we have many thousands of clients and we run on a db.m4.xlarge RDS instance and m4.2xlarge for the app server. We ship roughly 600 facts / conditions / whatever for each device.