Fwd: {saistudentsmumbai:} Fwd: 20th Anniversary of Sri Sathya Sai Medical Camp - Feb, 2015 (Summary)

Harish Ramachandran

Mar 1, 2015, 5:43:26 AM3/1/15
to saiv...@googlegroups.com

The WILL of GOD will never take you where the GRACE of GOD cannot PROTECT you..............

From: Keshav Dev <lionhe...@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:29 AM
To: Niranjan P Kanchan <nama...@gmail.com>

Dear All - Sai Ram,

Please find the summary of the 20th anniversary of the Sri Sathya Sai Medical camp held at Brindavan Ashram in the month of February.

Sometimes it isn't easy to write about an occasion as significant as this. Words will fail in their job to describe an event of such proportion that we might as well stay amazed and let ourselves sink in the memories of this event.But since we want to relive these memories again and again, we thought we will attempt a write-up that will, in the future, fondly remind us of the 20th anniversary of the Sri Sathya Sai Medical camp held at Brindavan, Bangalore.

February 1st, 2015 marked the 20th anniversary of the medical camp; 20 years ago a few of our very senior brothers wanted to make a difference to their lives and hit upon the idea of helping the lesser fortunate in the matters of health. These brothers took the help of a few benevolent doctors and visited the humble dwellings of the lesser fortunate hoping to create awareness on health and treating them for ailments. As years passed, more alumni and volunteers joined the cause, as did more doctors. Over the last two decades the baton of service has passed from one generation to another as younger alumni joined hands to collaborate with doctors, technicians and volunteers to carry forward this service. Behind all of this, was and is the divine hand of our beloved Lord and God – Sri Sathya Sai Baba. The camp would not been successful without HIS will and HIS grace and some of us have been fortunate enough to witness this first hand at every camp.

This Sunday breaking from the routine we had two programs, the first, of course was the medical camp that began as usual with the entry of patients early in the morning and the second, was the felicitation program for doctors and volunteers that commenced right after lunch at around 2:30 PM.

Medical Camp:

With great enthusiasm and pride we played our own little roles during the camp process. Looking back, we believe that we have improvised on certain areas like – Patient Registration Counter, Main Corridor and Basement areas' crowd control process, Diabetic section crowd control and pharmacy distribution, Food Procurement and Distribution, Medicine procurement, Doctors’ transport etc. We do realize that there is more room for improvement and this in fact brings in more enthusiasm for we have begun to love challenges and learned to take them head on!

It was a proud moment for all of us as we had some very senior doctors attend the camp. Some of these doctors have been part of the Seva for more than a decade and a few have been associated with the camp since the last 15 years. We also had some very elderly volunteers and brothers who were part of the team that initiated the camp 20 years back, attend the camp. When we see these doctors and volunteers carry out this selfless service tirelessly we are speechless and thoroughly humbled. At an age when even Mother Nature prescribes a restful and sedentary life, these ladies and gentlemen have the energy and enthusiasm to beat the conventional route and take the high ground in the form of service. Our respects and admiration are always there for these individuals and we will hope to learn a lot from these wonderful people.

What brings more hope and energy to the camp is the fact that many of our younger brothers have become active members and one can only be inspired by the dedication and enthusiasm shown by these young stars. As for the future of the medical camp, Swami has assured its continuity through the participation of our younger brothers and younger volunteers. And we know HE will always be there with us!!!

Felicitation Program:

The felicitation program commenced right after lunch in the Kalyana Mantapam which is situated right beside the Sai Ramesh Hall. It was a moment of pride for all of us, for however small in measure it was, the felicitation was still a humble way of showing our deepest gratitude to the several volunteers and doctors who have been part of the camp. The program commenced with a speech given by one of the very senior alumni (who was part of the first team), who gave a brief on the camp, from its inception to its steady growth and to its current situation where it hosts more than a 1000 patients every month with help of 50+ doctors and technicians.

The most important part of the speech was when we were told about how Swami used to keep asking about the camp and HE would often tell the elders –"Naa pillalu medical camp chestu-unnaru. Velli choosirandi" ( My boys are conducting medical camp, go take a look and come).He would then wait for elders like Sri. V.K. Narasimhan, Sri Dakappa, Sri. Gangadhara Shetty to come back and tell Him as how the camp was going on.

The speech was followed by the felicitation program wherein each of the doctors and volunteers were called upon the stage and felicitated with a shawl. Some of the very senior doctors were also given a plaque (wooden base with a metal plate) as a mark of our sincere gratitude for their services. Some of the spouses of the doctors were also felicitated for the sheer encouragement and support that they had been providing over the years. Overall, 70+ people were felicitated and as the program drew to a close, we were left with a deep sense of gratitude to everyone who has been part of the camp.

Bhajans in Trayee and darshan thereafter followed giving the much needed peace and divine vibrations to all of us.

A few statistics for this camp:-

  • Patients: 1023
  • Doctors & Technicians: 57
  • Alumni & Volunteers: 75

As some of us sat together and reflected,we had this surmounting feeling of having humbly accomplished a tiny gesture of gratitude, we felt thankful to everyone and most of all we prayed deeply to our Lord for having been with us all the time. No words and no verses can even come close to describe the kindness, the grace and the infinite love shown by our Bhagawan.

While it is true that the participation in the medical camp provides an opportunity to serve the lesser fortunate it is even more exciting to realize that through this act of ours we have been fortunate enough to be part of HIS message.

Our only Humble prayer is that we are given that Drive, that Energy and that Enthusiasm to continue spreading HIS message!

With Humility and Gratitude,

Sri Sathya Sai Students

SAI RAM !

Samastha Lokaha sukhino bhavanthu". Let all the beings in all worlds be happy.

To access archives & read all reports &/ or to modify your Mail delivery & manage your Subscription settings & for more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/saistudentsmumbai/

JAI SAI RAM !

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "saistudentsmumbai" group.