Stay persistent / keep AudioFocus for BroadcastReceiver...?

Norm Allen

May 25, 2017, 9:20:56 PM5/25/17
to Sais Workshop
Long time Pro user here who argued against Google removing your app from store a year or two (few?) back...

I'm currently having an issue where my bluetooth FM transmitter will not start playing.  This was working fine up until recently so I'm thinking maybe the latest updates (maybe a phone update) has changed things.?

If I connect BT then bring up Meridian, the BT controls will work.  But if Meridian is not active / foreground, buttons will not work.

I can work around this with other apps to put Meridian in foreground but am hoping to avoid extra apps like that.

Any chance this is a known issue and is being worked on?  If not and is a problem just for me, is it possible to get an older version of Meridian to test?  I sometimes save apks as backup but have not done so in a very long time and can't find one at the moment.

Many thanks again for a wonderful app!

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai 仲明

May 25, 2017, 9:28:53 PM5/25/17
to sai...@googlegroups.com
I think the reason is Android 7.0, which changes media button behaviors again and again. Old versions may work because it targets older Android platform, but it will have many other issues on a new phone.
I was working all the time to fix this, but it still has issues.
Currently (5.0.6) you should only need to activate Meridian on phone once after connected to car BT, then the buttons should work even if Meridian is in background.
If it does not things going strange :/

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai