Meridian Player started to lose position on pause

Richard Hall

Jul 17, 2014, 10:45:14 AM7/17/14
to sai...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I was using MP quite happily to listen to 3 hour tracks for about 6 months or so and had no problems with it keeping position within the track on resume

Now, though, it's just losing it completely and heading straight back to the start from a simple pause/play within the player itself and within the 'widget' or whatever on the lockscreen

Any ideas? It's making it a real chore to listen to something that just used to work

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai 仲明

Jul 18, 2014, 3:56:01 AM7/18/14
to sai...@googlegroups.com
Hello, are you using the Audiobook feature, or just normally playing as music? Also, what's your Meridian's version?

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai

Stewart Oberman

Aug 25, 2014, 9:59:59 PM8/25/14
to sai...@googlegroups.com
I'm also a generally happy user of Meridian (v. 4.03), but very disappointed that the resume feature after pausing does not work.  Rather than resume play at the paused position, Meridian jumps back to the beginning of the track.  This is especially disconcerting when listing to podcasts that are 30 min to 1 hour in length.  If I pause for a few seconds, the podcast starts over from the beginning.  The resume after phone call works perfectly.  Please fix this or point me to a preference that will allow resume to function properly.   As I recall it used to work just fine.

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai 仲明

Aug 26, 2014, 10:17:49 PM8/26/14
to sai...@googlegroups.com
Hello, are you using Audiobook PlayQ, or simple music playing? Also, what's your version of Meridian?
Meridian still remembers the last position now, if it does not, I need more detailed information to reproduce it.

Stewart Oberman

Aug 27, 2014, 2:28:27 AM8/27/14
to sai...@googlegroups.com
I have a galaxy s4
Android 4.4.2
Meridian v. 4.03

It happens during simple music playing in mp3 format or with downloaded talk shows in mp3 format.

If I pause (music or talk), go to another app, e.g. mail, then return to Meridian, it jumps back to 00:00.

This happens with either the long press method to choose an open app
or pressing the play button on the widget or re-opening the app.

If I pause and restart without leaving meridian all is well

Thank you,