Meridian Player not updating number of tracks of some composers upon syncing

vailet...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2016, 10:11:32 PM3/13/16
to Sais Workshop

Dear sais_tw,

I have entered a large collection of classical music into iTunes in my PC (~1500 CDs). Meridian Player is the only Player for Android that recognizes the composer field in a music collection (all other players out there are useless for classical music), so I downloaded it. It works well for small collections, but I noticed that as my collection grew bigger and bigger, Meridian sometimes fails to read some of the tracks of the synchronized music (Mozart is missing 30 tracks, for ex. -- it's always whole albums, corresponding to whole folders).

I use a third-party software for synchronization called Easy Phone Sync that has been discontinued but seems to work fine (all the files get transferred to the phone just fine, I can play them through a USB cable when I click on them with a PC and a mouse). So I'm pretty sure that the problem resides on how Meridian intèrprets the synch'd information, or if there is a System File/summary of the synch'd files that also gets synch'd, perhaps that gets corrupted?

Any suggestions on what might be causing the problem?

Thanks,

Vailet.

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai 仲明

Mar 13, 2016, 10:18:09 PM3/13/16
to sai...@googlegroups.com
I think there's two possibility:
1. Songs are excluded due to "Media Folder" in Meridian's preference page, or
2. Those songs are tagged as "not music" (like system sound) so Meridian ignores them.

Romulus Urakagi Ts'ai