Replacing Swooshy Graphics on the Hull

Soggy Paws

Oct 24, 2016, 12:11:22 AM10/24/16
to Saint Francis Owners Group

We are going into the yard in a month or two, and one of the projects is to paint the waterline up an inch or two.  As part of that, we may need/want to renew the vinyl graphics (the blue and smaller grey swoosh on the side, see picture).  Was this "standard"?  Has anyone done this?  Have a recommendation for a company we could send a photo and some measurements and order it from online (we're in Palau, soon to be back in the Philippines)?

Also, our 44 has about 6" white vinyl bootstripe right at the waterline.  This makes cleaning waterline grunge a cinch.  However ours definitely needs replacing (too many "boat boys" cleaning the bottom with sharp tools have nicked it up terribly, and stuff grows well in the nicks).  Plus of course we'll have to remove it to move the waterline up.  This doesn't seem too hard as I've found 6" wide vinyl bootstriping online.

Any references or tips would be appreciated.

Also, while on the subject... has anyone tried to replace the St. Francis graphic on the cabin top?  Is it still available from the factory?  Is the graphic itself available? (ie digital form) Ours is still there, but it's pretty faded.

Thanks,

Sherry

Randy Abernethy

Oct 24, 2016, 7:43:41 PM10/24/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,

We got a new set of stickers from the factory a few years back. They roll up in a tube nicely. We had them put on in Raiatea by the guy who does all of the sunsail boat stickers there. We removed the ones on the cabin top and have yet to replace them but I'm sure you could get those from the factory as well. Probably could get them printed cheaper in the PI but getting everything sized right and all might be tricky.

Tim Mumby builds really nice aluminum cats in Port Carmen Cebu, he was super helpful to us while we were there. He might know some folks if you get out that way: cyber...@yahoo.com.au

Say hi to Dermot and the gang from us before you leave Palau!

Best,
Randy & Hideko

motoyu...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2016, 9:01:28 PM10/24/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com
Hi Randy, Is your partner Japanese girl ?
This is Motoyuki Sato, Umineko, 43 hull no.1

Randy Abernethy

Oct 24, 2016, 9:35:36 PM10/24/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com
Hello  Sato-san,

Yes Hideko is from Kamakura. We were both happy to see Umineko on the list (my Japanese is not very good but Umineko I got!)

-Randy & Hideko
s/v Swingin on a Star

G P

Oct 24, 2016, 10:56:40 PM10/24/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com

For those of us who speak no Japanese, Google says "Umineko" translates to English as

"Black-tailed Gull". I hope Google got it right, I think it is a nice and fitting name for a boat.

Pete

Oct 25, 2016, 5:30:58 PM10/25/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pete,

I'm going to have to take issue with Google. It is "Sea Cat". Umi == Ocean, Neko == Cat    :-)

But I like Black-tailed Gull too!

-Randy

Ian Clarke

Nov 21, 2017, 5:59:26 PM11/21/17
to Saint Francis Owners Group
Hello Sherry, this reply is probably too late to be if any help, you have probably got the answer anyway, but yes it is possible to get the digital file for the St Francis cabin top logo from St Francis. I got it recently, wanting to replace ours on our St Francis 50. I received a quote yesterday to have a set made for me in Australia, $260 Aussie dollars. I am looking for other suppliers, this seems a bit pricey to me.

You mentioned that you found an online supplier for the strips on the side, can you share the name of the supplier please.
Regards Ian Clarke