Size Matters

G P

Sep 14, 2016, 8:54:02 AM9/14/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I was recently talking with Don Wilson about his SF 44, and he was bemoaning the

lack of haulout facilities on Florida's gulf coast. I am able to suggest several

options to him on the east coast and even in the Bahamas, but not on the gulf coast.

This got me to thinking, what do owners of SF 50's do? The 44 needs the big travelift

for the 24 foot beam. The 50 is even wider. So you 50 owners, how do you haul out?

A marine railway maybe??

Pete

Randy Abernethy

Sep 14, 2016, 8:27:12 PM9/14/16
to saintf...@googlegroups.com
Hey Pete,

Other than Lauderdale Marine center and Granada Marine (admittedly a little ways south) it has been "rails only" for us. Even here in the San Francisco Bay! We could go into dry dock where things like the USS Hornet would haul out but there's not much in the middle for an 8 meter beam in my experience.

-Randy