Wood floor port and starboard water ingress

crashm...@yahoo.com

Jan 12, 2017, 12:26:40 PM1/12/17
to Saint Francis Owners Group
I hope all had a happy Christmas and New Year!  After hurricane Mathew my port chain plate was leaking enough for water to get into the laminate of the wood floor in the galley area.  Other than covering the existing floor with Lonseal or some other covering, does anybody know how the floor is constructed and how one could remove the wood/laminate or the whole floor for re-conditioning or replacement?

Paul Allinson

Jan 12, 2017, 2:37:21 PM1/12/17
to Saint Francis Owners Group
If you decide to resurface you might want to consider Nautikflor
http://www.nautikflor.com/
They have no skid flooring product that looks like real wood but is synthetic. Very easy to cut and apply yourself.
After much research and exposing samples to the sun for >6 months we selected for "Grace"
Regards
Paul

Tom Dall

Jan 12, 2017, 5:47:00 PM1/12/17