SailsJS v1.0 REST API + TypeScript?

t...@researchplusdesign.com

May 31, 2018, 9:13:51 AM5/31/18
to sails.js
I've been trying to get typescript to work with sailsjs v1.0 for a couple of days now and it just seems futile.
The very few examples that I have seen, only the controllers are TypeScript or some subset of files and not all the files in /api.

Also, I wanted to use Jasmine for tests but that appears to be not well supported or just not a popular choice. Thus, finding examples or documentation is nearly impossible.

Is there any example SailsJS API projects that are using TypeScript and Jasmine for tests?

Disclaimer: I'm new to typescript and sailsjs.

joed...@sailsjs.com

Jun 5, 2018, 2:14:09 PM6/5/18
to sails.js
Howdy Tom,

Thanks for reaching out to us! It IS possible to use Typescript with Sails, but the core team is adamant about using vanilla JavaScript in all of their examples. If you have any other questions, find us on https://gitter.im/balderdashy/sails, we have the most active community there.

--Joe