Sailforms Pro running on Windows

Paul Bowers

Feb 26, 2024, 10:10:51 AMFeb 26
to Sailforms Users
Its been a while since I posted anything new. But this snippet may be of interest to people who want to make their SailForms apps and Database work across platforms.

Well today you can - before the release of windows 11 in order to run an android application on windows you needed an emulation like BlueStacks. while this worked - it was slow to load and quite a heavy weight beast on your pc - and was not as seamless into windows - you knew you were in an emulation layer.

With windows 11 and the introduction of the windows subsystem for android this has all changed. Android apps run just as if they were native windows applications. Yes they still run in a Virtual machine that emulates Android - but its native and integrated fully into windows. (I have read that it can be retro fitted to windows 10 - but not played with that)

I have played with some of my Sailforms apps/DB and they run just fine. Getting files in and out of your Android emulation looked as if it was going to be tricky - but the solution was quite simple. - just install a file explorer into the android domain and map the host PC drives using SMB or ftp - I mapped my NAS server. and then you can move files in and out of the android protected domain.

some screen shots of Sailform running on windows 11

I will now play with my IPClipBoard sync apps to sync data between DB on Windows and android devices.

Paul.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 144924.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 145109.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 145005.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 145042.pngScreenshot 2024-02-26 150827.png