Calendar and Planner app.

Paul Bowers

Oct 11, 2023, 10:22:33 AM10/11/23
to Sailforms Users
With my last project for Notepad with Spell check complete and the Programmable Calculator / BASIC IDE also slowing (for a while) - I was looking for my next project to see what SailForms could do. I have not so far played with Dates and the URI to the native Android calendar. And I have been searching of a Wall planner app- but they look to be thin on the ground. SO I though I would see if I could build one. So here's ver 1 of a simple Calendar Planner - It demonstrates multiple methods in SailForms. (foreground process, batch and nested batch processes) - Tables as arrays and of course URI to post events in the Android calendar if you wish.  The app lets you have multiple plans which you can load and save just like a file in MS Project etc. It creates in real-time a month calendar view and create some nice reports for month and year wall planner style view.

The app has a heap of table manipulation to convert a list of events into a planner view or week view etc - I hope it inspires others to play and create. A point to note - when playing with graphics like the wall planner some  emoji are double byte while others are single  - so dont get caught out when playing with text string and SubStr() and IndexOf() to form your bars.

Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Paul.

Screenshot_20231010-185735_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231010-185849_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231010-190021_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231010-202300_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231010-202316_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231011-145723_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231010-185819_Drive.jpgScreenshot_20231010-185807_Drive.jpg
Calendar___Year_Planner_2.sfg

HARVEY ARIZA

Oct 11, 2023, 11:32:39 AM10/11/23
to Sailforms Users
Very interesting.

Paul Bowers

Oct 11, 2023, 11:48:12 AM10/11/23
to Sailforms Users
every day is a learning day - the real pain with SailForm is the search command and exits if nothing is found .

so far I have nested a process which sets a found flag is it doesnt exit and i pre set it as not found . I dont like this at all
and in this app the File Index search was playing up ... But a new solution has just hit me and it works. without the use of a process
or even the search command.

Use Count Remote Field. Set a group variable containing the value you want to search - create a layout profile on the table being searched with a filter on the column you want to search with the group variable - then in the form if count of fields is ZERO then its not found - other wise you get a count of matches.

why didn't I do this before... so much easier and faster - I'll drop a fixed version of this app later.

Paul Bowers

Oct 11, 2023, 12:08:50 PM10/11/23
to Sailforms Users
in fact you dont need the filter just do a count of fields on the search pattern - just changed the spell check app to use count of field in place of the search process - much faster and no flashing nested process bar.

Paul Bowers

Oct 11, 2023, 2:22:16 PM10/11/23
to Sailforms Users
the version with the fix for file index search - using my new technique for search without the SEARCH FORM and process list  .

fast and better method with no popup bar and exit on not found etc.

Calender___Planner.sfg

Paul Bowers

Oct 13, 2023, 2:46:02 AM10/13/23
to Sailforms Users
final version I think - updated to include the new search method, removed redundant processes, fixed a few bugs.

Paul.

Calendar___Year_Planner_3.sfg

Paul Bowers

Oct 30, 2023, 11:44:42 AM10/30/23
to Sailforms Users
Screenshot_20231030-153322_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231030-153338_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231030-153402_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231030-153414_Pro.jpgScreenshot_20231030-153519_Pro.jpg
I have extended the calender planner app - the original year view was a simple back box to show an event on a day - this is now called wall planner
the new year planner shows the actual events in each day in a column view for each year - the printed planner PDF is also quote good.

Paul.Screenshot_20231030-154249_Docs Viewer.jpg
Calendar___Year_Planner_4.sfg