Memory Allocation malloc error with Sailfish

Diego Alzate Correa

Apr 15, 2020, 10:30:14 AM4/15/20
to Sailfish Users Group
Hello

I'm trying to quantify the samples included with the Salmon tutorial, but is giving me a malloc error.  I'm using ANACONDA on  MacOS Catalina.

First, I had to separately download sailfish because wasn't included with the salmon package. So the first error was:

Processing sample DRR016125

-bash: sailfish: command not found

I solved this by downloading sailfish from biobuilds, but then I'm getting this error:

Processing sample DRR016125

sailfish(23259,0x105f71dc0) malloc: *** malloc_zone_unregister() failed for 0x7fff90f4f000

Most forums describe an error for Salmon and/or MacOS Sierra that is solved by updating the MacOS.

I'm totally new on RNA-seq analysis and don't know how to continue. Should I try to change/update jemalloc?

Thank in advance.

Diego

Anand

Apr 15, 2020, 12:18:18 PM4/15/20
to Diego Alzate Correa, Sailfish Users Group
You should post it here -  https://github.com/COMBINE-lab/salmon/issues

And I think you should start using salmon

--
Sailfish is available at https://github.com/kingsfordgroup/sailfish
Citation: