Hanoi Maker Space - Announcement and kick off meeting

Matthew Blyde

Jul 30, 2011, 11:37:26 PM7/30/11
to saigon-h...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the potential spam but I've been watching what you guys have been doing with interest and I think we might have some things in common.

A small group in Hanoi are looking to setup a shared/collaborative working space, something along the lines of a "maker space" (like a hacker space but more focussed on the "building stuff" side of things than a technology focussed hacker space).

You can find some more info here: http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/en/listing/show/16280

If you are in Hanoi and could be interested in joining a group like this (basically if you've ever thought "I'd love to make/do [thing] but I just don't have the space/tools/knowledge..." I'm talking to you) then please send me an email and join our group here: http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/en/group/show/677/Maker-Space-Hanoi

We are also having a kick-off meeting at Lago Coffee (51B Nguyen Khac Hieu, just off Truc Bach), 8pm, Monday 1st August (tomorrow!) to discuss plans on how to start this up, which anyone who is interested would be more than welcome to attend.

I'd also be interested in hearing from any of you guys involved with the Saigon Hacker Space about your experiences setting something like this up.  Any tips or lessons you've learned that might make things easier for us? Any particularly Vietnamese issues you've come across that we should be looking out for?  I would **really** like to hear about you guy's experiences.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Matthew Blyde