SahanaCamp Taipei

TsungWei Hu

Jul 12, 2010, 5:25:47 AM7/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Dear Teammates,

Right after the SahanaCamp in New Delhi, we are trying to make this happen in Sinica, Taipei. Two key persons, Fran Boon and Michael Howden, are willing to offer training and talks. The tentative date is from July 31 to August 3, from Saturday to Tuesday. Please reply whether if you can join.

Note: this thread is intended to be internationally exchanged, please keep this in English.

/marr/

Daniel Lin

Jul 12, 2010, 5:54:21 AM7/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

    I want to join this camp and hope I could pick up shanapy quickly, especially the quick develop of web2py modules.
    Thanks. :-)
--
Daniel Lin (pct)

TsungWei Hu

Jul 12, 2010, 12:30:55 PM7/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
I have got replies and summaried as follows:

Daniel Lin: from Saturday to Tuesday, interested in web2py module development
Keith Yang: for sure from Saturday to Sunday, interested in how Agasti and Eden can cowork, roadmap to Eden, deployment challenges, performance issues for front-end/back-end
PW Chi: from Saturday to Tuesday, new to web2py and Eden, would like to learn from scratch
ChaoLung Huang: already occupied by other training courses

/marr/

Hsiaojan

Jul 12, 2010, 9:58:39 PM7/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
So, there will be five people join from Saturday to Sunday, and four of them will join Mondy and Tuesday.
Is that right?

Hsiaojan
--
Hsiaojan Liu

chsiao

Jul 14, 2010, 2:52:14 AM7/14/10
to SahanaTWPY
Dongpo Deng, http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~dongpo/ founder of OSGeo
Taiwan chapter
will join the camp. He is now a Ph.D candidate from University of
Twente, the Netherlands.
I would like to see some solid bindings between SahanaTW and OSGeo/OSM
community
in Taiwan. Hopefully, Fran have good ideas to share.

c. hsiao

On 7月13日, 上午9時58分, Hsiaojan <hsiaojan....@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, there will be five people join from Saturday to Sunday, and four of them
> will join Mondy and Tuesday.
> Is that right?
>
> Hsiaojan
>

> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 12:30 AM, TsungWei Hu <marr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have got replies and summaried as follows:
>
> > Daniel Lin: from Saturday to Tuesday, interested in web2py module
> > development
> > Keith Yang: for sure from Saturday to Sunday, interested in how Agasti and
> > Eden can cowork, roadmap to Eden, deployment challenges, performance issues
> > for front-end/back-end
> > PW Chi: from Saturday to Tuesday, new to web2py and Eden, would like to
> > learn from scratch
> > ChaoLung Huang: already occupied by other training courses
>
> > /marr/
>
> > On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Daniel Lin <lin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear All,
>
> >>     I want to join this camp and hope I could pick up shanapy quickly,
> >> especially the quick develop of web2py modules.
> >>     Thanks. :-)

Fran Boon

Jul 14, 2010, 2:57:53 AM7/14/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
On 14 July 2010 07:52, chsiao <cth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dongpo Deng, http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/~dongpo/  founder of OSGeo
> Taiwan chapter
> will join the camp.  He is now a Ph.D candidate from University of
> Twente, the Netherlands.
> I would like to see some solid bindings between SahanaTW and OSGeo/OSM
> community
> in Taiwan.  Hopefully, Fran have good ideas to share.

Yes, great :)
GIS is my primary technology interest - it's how I got started with
Sahana & is the part that I enjoy most.
Interoperability with both OGC standards & OpenStreetMap are both high
on my priority list.
I think we do pretty well so far, but there's always more that can be done :)

TsungWei Hu

Jul 14, 2010, 3:39:19 AM7/14/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
So far the list is like this:
Join on Saturday and Sunday: Daniel, pwchi, marr, Dongpo, Keith
Join on Monday and Tuesday: Daniel, pwchi, marr, Dongpo

/marr/