Map Data

1 view
Skip to first unread message

TsungWei Hu

unread,
Aug 10, 2010, 5:36:43 AM8/10/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
A friend tells me there are MIF and SHP files at

Is it appropriate to include them in OpenStreetMap ?
I am not expert on this, so leave it to experts.

/marr/

Fran Boon

unread,
Aug 10, 2010, 7:09:06 AM8/10/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
On 10 August 2010 10:36, TsungWei Hu <mar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A friend tells me there are MIF and SHP files at
> http://www.iot.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=154948&ctNode=1091

Good find - useful data :)

> Is it appropriate to include them in OpenStreetMap ?
> I am not expert on this, so leave it to experts.

We'd need explicit approval from either the Institute of
Transportation or whomever they got this data from.

If it can't be added to OpenStreetMap, then it can at least be served
up by GeoServer & made accessible from within Sahana via WMS &/or WFS.

F

deng dongpo

unread,
Aug 10, 2010, 10:58:41 AM8/10/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Thank marr for finding these data. I know this data well and had full
data set in our lab.
Although the geo-data can be downloaded from Web, it cannot be
directly put in OSM due to the copyright issues.
Taiwanese mappers are still working on create more map in OSM nad we
will speed up the creation of TW maps.
I agreed with Fran's ideas to transport these data or other available
governmental geo-data to Sahana via WMS or WFS.
This is a temporal alternative to serve geo-data to Sahana.

Cheers
Dongpo

SahanaTW PL - Hsiaojan

unread,
Aug 11, 2010, 11:59:27 PM8/11/10
to SahanaTWPY
Discussed with III and confirmed that III will ask for the
authorization for SahanaTW.
For OSM, we don't have any solution for now. sorry :(

Hsiaojan


On 8月10日, 下午10時58分, deng dongpo <dongpo.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank marr for finding these data. I know this data well and had full
> data set in our lab.
> Although the geo-data can be downloaded from Web, it cannot be
> directly put in OSM due to the copyright issues.
> Taiwanese mappers are still working on create more map in OSM nad we
> will speed up the creation of TW maps.
> I agreed with Fran's ideas to transport these data or other available
> governmental geo-data to Sahana via WMS or WFS.
> This is a temporal alternative to serve geo-data to Sahana.
>
> Cheers
> Dongpo
>
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 7:09 PM, Fran Boon <francisb...@gmail.com> wrote:

deng dongpo

unread,
Aug 12, 2010, 12:09:06 AM8/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
2010/8/12 SahanaTW PL - Hsiaojan <hsiaoj...@gmail.com>:

> Discussed with III and confirmed that III will ask for the
> authorization for SahanaTW.

What's the "III"?

> For OSM, we don't have any solution for now. sorry :(

The problem of sparse map in OSM leaves to OSM Mappers. As Taiwan OSM
cannot support to geospatial services in Sahana, shall we find the
other alternatives? Like setup a Taiwan map server for Sahana. What do
you guys think?

Hsiaojan

unread,
Aug 12, 2010, 12:12:50 AM8/12/10
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
III is 資策會 which sponsored the Sahana Forum and python development.
 
Hsiaojan

--
Hsiaojan Liu
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages