Environment activities @ CFD Jashn e Faiz

1 view

yasir ~يا سر

Apr 10, 2011, 10:27:35 AM4/10/11
to cfd...@googlegroups.com, sabzshehri, zahra ali, Dr Noman Ahmed NED, sameeta, Noman Quadri, Aly Ercelawn, opprt...@gmail.com
FYI

Please note: Programme is still evolving. Schedule or spaces are not final.
Please get in touch with me if we have not discussed your participation.
Suggestions are welcome.

Yasir Husain
yasir...@gmail.com
0333 214 9543

Environment activities
at CFD Jashn e Faiz

Purpose
To identify and motivate people to work for different environmental causes

Environment Desk
+ Promise to preserve and protect the environment.
+ Receive an Environmental Protection Kit + 20 points to Protect the Environment
+ Sign-up to receive information on events and action points

Seminar
8-10 min each presentation. This one-hour seminar may be repeated during the day.

+ Grow Your Own Food     .urban/rooftop/balcony, organic farming, composting
+ Plastic Bottles                  .reduce waste, health hazard, demand clean water
+ Water                                 .5 problems, 5 solutions / what do we have to do to get clean water
+ Cycling                              .health, save energy, rise above distinctions
+ Shehri                               .why come to public hearings of EIAs, building laws, landgrabbing
+ 20 Things You Can Do To Protect the Environment          .take home summary

Corresponding to each of these there will be stalls, exhibits, speakers in the Bol! (Hyde Park Area) and a few demo/  wokshops.

Demos and stalls (morning & afternoon)
+ KU-Visual Studies, Bicycles    .Rizwanullah, Amir Khan
+ KU-Environmental Engg & Greener Karachi Trust    . windmill for energy, water purification    .Toqeer
+ Greener Karachi Trust, Zahra Ali      .urban, organic farming, composting
+ OPP-RTI    .water purification matka filter    Parween Rahman
+ Piler     .UV water purification & Masafi
+ KU-Electronics Engg & IEEP, Dr Shoaib & Azhar Qazi     .Environmental Data Recorder + 1 more device
+ Roots for Equity      .seeds & biotechnology, handicrafts
+ Hisaar Foundation      . documentary on Water Conservation
+ Sameeta Ahmed    .Bhasha Dam, EIA   . street theatre
+ 10 points for Greener Buildings
+ Faiza Ilyas, Dawn      .what we eat: What is Chikenfeed?
+ KU-Agriculture   Umair   .organic farming, composting

Workshops
+ Growing Your Own Vegetables
+ Making Organic Pesticide
+ Growing Pineapples in a Pot

In this group
Naeem Sadiq, Fariha Ubaid, Rizwanullah, Niilofur farrukh, Noman Qadri, Nasir Arain, Firdous, Yasir Husain, Zahra Ali,  ,

Jashn e Faiz - 17 April 2011 - CDGK (KMC) Sports Complex
organized by Citizens for Democracy
http:cfdpk.org