Sahana Nepali localization

Jwalanta Shrestha

Jan 3, 2010, 7:31:22 AM1/3/10
to sahana-lo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm Jwalanta Shrestha from Nepal and currently i'm working at just established Open Technologies Resource Center (OTRC). Sahana being very useful application in disaster scenarios, I'm willing to contribute to the project's localization in Nepali language.

So kindly include Nepali language in the Sahana Pootle server, which i'm willing to be the maintainer of. I've already registered at the Pootle server with username 'jwalanta'.

Previously as a translator, i've worked in the OLPC project [1] [2] and have also contributed to Scratch [3]. I believe I have enough experience working with Pootle server.

Sincerely,
Jwalanta Shrestha

[1] http://olpcnepal.blogspot.com/2008/03/translation-nite-out-midnight-update.html
[2] http://olpcnepal.blogspot.com/2008/03/yaay-translations-over.html
[3] http://olpcnepal.blogspot.com/2008/03/scratch-in-nepali.html

Dominic

Jan 3, 2010, 7:41:24 AM1/3/10
to Sahana Localization
Jwalanta-

thanks for your interest in Sahana translation.

Give me two days to set up your translation project on the Pootle
server - I'll drop you a note when you can start.

Meanwhile, you may want to consider an offline PO edit tool, e.g.
Virtaal - and just send your PO files to this list.

Kind regards,
Dominic König

On Jan 3, 1:31 pm, Jwalanta Shrestha <jwala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm Jwalanta Shrestha from Nepal and currently i'm working at just
> established Open Technologies Resource Center (OTRC). Sahana being very
> useful application in disaster scenarios, I'm willing to contribute to the
> project's localization in Nepali language.
>
> So kindly include Nepali language in the Sahana Pootle server, which i'm
> willing to be the maintainer of. I've already registered at the Pootle
> server with username 'jwalanta'.
>
> Previously as a translator, i've worked in the OLPC project [1] [2] and have
> also contributed to Scratch [3]. I believe I have enough experience working
> with Pootle server.
>
> Sincerely,
> Jwalanta Shrestha
>

> [1]http://olpcnepal.blogspot.com/2008/03/translation-nite-out-midnight-u...

Dominic König

Jan 3, 2010, 6:16:26 PM1/3/10
to Sahana Localization
Jwalanta-

the Nepali project for Sahana-0.6.2.2 is ready, and I assigned you
maintainer permissions for this translation.

http://pootle.hfoss.eu/ne/sahana0622

If you need any assistance, feel free to ask - we're happy to help.
The Pootle homepage contains links to wiki resources that might be
useful for you.

Kind regards,
Dominic

Jwalanta Shrestha

Jan 3, 2010, 6:19:55 PM1/3/10
to sahana-lo...@googlegroups.com
Thanx a lot Dominic.

Jitendra Harlalka

Feb 4, 2010, 3:17:22 AM2/4/10
to Sahana Localization
I have been trying to localize (Nepali) Sahana and do encounter a few
strings on very regular basis and they are not included in pootle-
terminology file. Hence, I need to type them very frequently. I am
using web translation. I was wondering if I could add the strings in
pootle-terminology so that the task gets less cumbersome.

Regards,
Jitendra Harlalka