Sahana 0.6.2.2 translation sprint game

Dominic

May 16, 2009, 3:17:16 PM5/16/09
to Sahana Localization
Hello folks,

since the last update of the Sahana 0.6.2.2 translation there was no
significant progress, so I'll skip the today's update of the language
packs.

Instead, let me invite you to participate in a Sahana translation
sprint game:

1. The game takes place amongst teams, one team per language.

2. You will count as a team member, if you do the following:
a) translate 25 strings (or more)
b) nominate another person, who also does a) AND b)

3. The team that at first completes its translation, wins.

I'll donate US$1 per participant as prize for the winning team, but
hopefully
there will be some more donators so that it'll be enough to have a
real
party.

The game starts now, and ends at May 30, 18:00 UTC

NOTE:

All teams must use the Pootle site for translation and e-Mail (to:
dom...@nursix.org) for notification.

If you as an individual translator have finished your translation in
this
game, send me a mail with your full name, your Pootle username, the
language
you translated to, and the nomination (name+email-adress) of the next
translator.

You MUST nominate a next translator (who has not yet been nominated by
someone
else), however, you may also nominate a member for another team.

It doesn't matter who enters the translations at the Pootle site - all
that
counts is that there is at least 1 nomination mail for your
translation
project, and the translation of that language is completed.

You can, of course, work in parallel, however it may be necessary that
you
coordinate work among team members to avoid redundant efforts.

You can participate even if you're not nominated by someone else. Just
go for
it.

Best regards,
Dominic

Dominic

May 16, 2009, 4:42:28 PM5/16/09
to Sahana Localization
Attention: Think first!

If you have only 120 strings open in your language, translate them
alone and have it done tomorrow, you will surely win - but probably
only US$1.

That's not the meaning of the game...

But lets say, you get 5 people involved for your language, then you
will get US$5.
Better you get 100 people involved, but this would require that you
advocate for other languages, too.

Currently, there are 38557 untranslated strings at the Pootle site.
So, if you get them ALL translated with 1542 people involved AND
you're the first who completes, then you can win up to US$1542 (or
more, if another donator joins in).

Go for it!

Dominic