Couldn't Access staff,Volunteer, Member Menus

Sruthi Baburaj

Nov 30, 2021, 1:57:04 AM11/30/21
to Sahana-Eden

Hi,

I have installed Eden Software Using this script "sudo bash debian_ubuntu_eden_dev.3.2.2.sh".

Following are the os and framework specs:

Os -  Debian 10
Web2py - 2.21.2.

Attaching my localhost view(edenhome.png) for the ref.
I have created a user account using my email id. The issue is I couldn't access the staff, volunteer, and Member pages and the rest of the pages are working properly. Attaching the error page while accessing the above-mentioned menus for reference(PFA:error.png).
While clicking on the link in the error page "view ticket for this problem here" it shows an error message "Insufficient Privileges".(PFA:viewticket_error.png)

Kindly request your assistance. Any support with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sruthi

error.png
viewticket_error.png
edenhome.png

Fran Boon

Nov 30, 2021, 5:02:28 AM11/30/21
to Sahana Software Foundation
On Tue, 30 Nov 2021 at 06:57, Sruthi Baburaj
<sruthiba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have installed Eden Software Using this script "sudo bash debian_ubuntu_eden_dev.3.2.2.sh".

That script is 7 years old...it could really use updating...as it says
at the top this was developed/tested for Debian Wheezy...i.e. Debian
7:
https://eden.sahanafoundation.org/attachment/wiki/InstallationGuidelines/Linux/Developer/Script/debian_ubuntu_eden_dev.3.2.2.sh

> Following are the os and framework specs:
> Os - Debian 10
> Web2py - 2.21.2.

I assume you are looking to setup a Developer environment rather than
a Production install, right?

Surprisingly I don't see that much in the script that needs changing.
The GitHub URL is wrong:
github.com/flavour/eden now redirects to github.com/flavour/RMSYemen
for some bizarre internal GitHub reason
The correct URL for trunk is:
github.com/sahana/eden

That may be sufficient to get it basically working (The RMSYemen repo
is based off an older version of the code, which will have
compatibility issues with the latest Web2Py)

Best Wishes,
Fran.

Sruthi Baburaj

Dec 1, 2021, 12:15:20 AM12/1/21
to Sahana-Eden
Thank you for your prompt response.

<sruthiba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Following are the os and framework specs:
> Os - Debian 10
> Web2py - 2.21.2.

I assume you are looking to setup a Developer environment rather than
a Production install, right?

I'm not seeking for a programming environment right now. Actually, I'm attempting to begin with a local deployment before moving to a production installation.

Thanks
Sruthi

.

Fran Boon

Dec 1, 2021, 5:19:19 AM12/1/21
to Sahana Software Foundation
> I'm not seeking for a programming environment right now. Actually, I'm attempting to begin with a local deployment before moving to a production installation.

If you're not looking to setup a developer environment, then I would
use the server installation scripts.
Either the Web Setup:
https://github.com/sahana/eden_deploy

or Manual scripts:
https://github.com/sahana/eden_deploy_manual

Best Wishes,
Fran.

Sruthi Baburaj

Dec 1, 2021, 5:24:35 AM12/1/21
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your support and guidance !!

Regards,
Sruthi