Deployment Time

Kiley Fitzgerald

Mar 26, 2022, 4:46:44 PM3/26/22
to Sahana-Eden
Hi all,

I am a student researcher looking to implement a version of Sahana-EDEN for a disaster recovery capstone project. I am curious however the typical implementation timeline of establishing and setting up the platform? We are hoping to develop a model that is localized to a city.

We also have a limited computer science background on the team so it would be helpful to get insight on how user-friendly installation is for novices.

This looks like an amazing platform and I am shocked more people in the disaster recovery field do not utilize it more!

Thanks

Kiley Fitzgerald
MURP Candidate at the University of Michigan 2022

Nuwan Waidyanatha

Mar 29, 2022, 12:09:08 AM3/29/22
to Sahana Software Foundation
Hi Kiley,

Good luck with your capstone project. Typically, for someone who has installed one or two times, successfully, may take only several minutes; especially, with the recommended AWS cloud deployment and the installer. If it's your first time and depending on how seasoned you are and going through the installation guidelines, and so on it may take several hours. Generally, the installer takes only a few minutes.

My suggestion is to follow the installation instructions for a default installation to first familiarize yourself with Sahana EDEN functions and features. Thereafter, consider localizing it for the city, turning on and off modules, etc. This would also include setting your geographic boundaries, languages, and so on.

all the best!
Nuwan