Problems in Deployment in Pakistan Flood Relief (URGENT)

Zohair Hadi

Aug 30, 2022, 10:18:28 AM8/30/22
to Sahana-Eden
Hey,
Thanks for this great software. I'm part of a team which is actively trying to deploy Sahana for Pakistan.

Pakistan is currently facing a lot of flooding which has resulted in displacement of millions of people and deaths of thousands.

We've been trying for 2 days to deploy on AWS EC2 but unable to get past "email verification" on SES.

Can we have a Google Meet session to figure this out?

Thanks.

Fran Boon

Aug 30, 2022, 11:38:19 AM8/30/22
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 30 Aug 2022 at 15:18, Zohair Hadi <zohairh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for this great software. I'm part of a team which is actively trying to deploy Sahana for Pakistan.
Pakistan is currently facing a lot of flooding which has resulted in displacement of millions of people and deaths of thousands.

Yes, a terrible situation :/
I hope that the software can be of assistance...although I would caution that it's very hard to get something useful deployed quickly.
Thinking through what problem(s...but as few as possible) you are trying to solve & then thinking who needs to be involved for that to work.

We've been trying for 2 days to deploy on AWS EC2 but unable to get past "email verification" on SES.

There's no fundamental requirement to use SES, although I have used that successfully & it's a better longer-term plan than setting up a local Exim as EC2 IP blocked do get bulk-added to Spam-blocks & so you need to periodically request an exemption.

Can we have a Google Meet session to figure this out?

We can try, although timezone isn't ideal for realtime comms (I am in the UK).

I presume these are the docs that you are trying to follow?

Best Wishes,
Fran.

Jamil Shah

Aug 30, 2022, 11:10:06 PM8/30/22
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
Where in Pakistan?

Zohair’s Gmail

Aug 31, 2022, 1:54:34 AM8/31/22
to sahan...@googlegroups.com
In Sindh

On 31-Aug-2022, at 8:10 AM, Jamil Shah <shah...@gmail.com> wrote:

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Sahana-Eden" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sahana-eden/CALRvDyspR7KgWFT6WUJNFRL83HN0UbwiK1tZU7d6%2B_%3DR6OyTfw%40mail.gmail.com.

Syed Azhar A Rizvi

Aug 31, 2022, 11:43:28 AM8/31/22
to sahan...@googlegroups.com